chrisnh

How Is AA 211 BOS-SNN Doing?

Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:36 am

How has this flight been doing thus far? I notice in Flytecomm.com shows that the flight goes on to Orlando after arriving from Shannon, Ireland. Is that the same plane? Do they tow the plane from Terminal E over to AA's domestic terminal, or is it a whole different plane? I would suspect the latter, as the SNN-BOS plane probably sits at E and awaits the flight back the other way.

Chris in NH

Eirules

RE: How Is AA 211 BOS-SNN Doing?

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:37 am

From what I know AA are doing very well on both of their Irish routes, BOS-SNN and ORD-DUB, actually think the yields are slightly better on the BOS-SNN route thought I stand to be corrected. There was a rumour that this would be upgraded to a 763, but dunno how true that one is.
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

commavia

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:47 am

AA's two new Irish routes have apparently both been performing very well. While, as always, loads are no indication of profitability, from what I hear both flights have been going out full every night.

As to an equipment upgrade on BOS-SNN, I doubt it, as it would mean the introduction of J class into a market that doesn't require it, and would dilute the density of Y on a much larger plane (even if there are only about 25-30 more seats, all of them would be J). AA is desperately short of 767 capacity right now, but if a BOS flight were to be upgraded, I would bet it would be MAN before SNN.

chrisnh

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:48 am

I think a 767-300 would be fine in the high season, a 757 all the other months. Maybe that will be the 2006 plan.

Chris

MAH4546

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:40 am

They will not be upgrading BOS-SNN to a 767.

The flight has been doing well, but that is largely thanks to the fact it is operating with a single class, 188 seat 757. Easy to fill, easy to make money on. There is no point putting a 767 on the route, which would subtract Y seats, add J seats that would be more difficult to fill, and, with AA's tight use of aircraft, take a 767 away from another route that needs it.
a.

MQrampBOS

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:58 am

Quoting ChrisNH (Thread starter):
Is that the same plane? Do they tow the plane from Terminal E over to AA's domestic terminal, or is it a whole different plane? I would suspect the latter, as the SNN-BOS plane probably sits at E and awaits the flight back the other way.

Actually, they either tow the plane to Terminal B or (if needed) over to the hangar. They get those planes out about an hour after arrival. Don't know for a fact if they use the same planes for the rest of the flight, but I can always find out. There was a time when 108/109 to/from LHR connected with DFW on a 738, so I'm not really sure.
Don't put me on A7! I got out of the airport, so why send me back?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos