wobbles

Why Is There No Passenger Service To Sherbrooke?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:42 pm

Even though I have lost count of the amount of times that I have visited La Belle Province (que j'aime beaucoup, particulariment parce que le plus sexy femmes au monde sont au Quebec), I have never visited the Sherbrooke area, until this weekend. I was very impressed, particulary with the tiny city of Magog. This is not exactly a small area (presque 175,000 personnes), but can anybody explain, particulary from Montreal why no one flies into Sherbrooke? 100 miles away from Trudeau airport is not really that close, espeically for a place with that many people. It seems that there are not too many cities of a similar population, in both the US and Canada, that have a similiar sistuation. Those that have that many people are not 100 miles from an airport either. A tous que pourrait donner un response, je te remerciere en avance.

yow

RE: Why Is There No Passenger Service To Sherbrooke?

Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:11 am

Sherbrooke does have a single daily flight to Toronto on I believe Air Sherbrooke in a King Air.

AirAmericaC46

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:28 am

It's a Jetstream 31 and not King Air.

www.AirSherbrooke.com

Anybody knows all the previous airline routes into Sherbrooke? name of airline, the routing and the type of aircraft and the year or decade of service. I beleive there was a route connection with Burlington BTV at some point.

Thanks. Je me souviens!

yow

Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:14 am

As far as I know this is the first ever route from Sherbrooke. Trois Rivières is another city in Quebec roughly in the same situation that has no air service.