ricardofg

Air Canada To Start LIS Service

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:23 pm

Air Canada will start daily service YYZ-LIS as of April 2006...the flights will be operated with a 762 and will be codeshared with Star Alliance partners TAP Portugal. This info comes from upper management from AC, although it has not been confirmed...can anyone confirm this?

AC787

RE: Air Canada To Start LIS Service

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:30 pm

Quoting RicardoFG (Thread starter):
Air Canada will start daily service YYZ-LIS as of April 2006...the flights will be operated with a 762 and will be codeshared with Star Alliance partners TAP Portugal. This info comes from upper management from AC, although it has not been confirmed...can anyone confirm this?

I hope this is true would be nice to be able to use TAP for some europe flights or african flights. If you were going to some northern brazilian towns that only tap serves would the time difference be low enough that ppl from YYZ would connect through LIS to get there instead of just gong to GRU or GIG to connect through Varig?

CV990

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:11 pm

Hi!

Excelent news!!!! Air Canada will get a good share of the portuguese market if they go ahead with that decision. The portuguese community in Canada is big and I still don't understand why both Air Canada and TAP dropped that line! Only in summer we have Air Transat flying regulary to Portugal and I guess SATA also flies ( but I don't know how regular they are... ) so Air Canada is welcome to come back!
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

TAP1972

Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:42 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 2):
have Air Transat flying regulary to Portugal and I guess SATA also flies

There was also Skyservices flying from Canada to Lis but I think it will be only in the summer.

This is great news.

WINGS

Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:51 am

Indeed this is quite some good news if it actually comes to materialize. The Portuguese community in Canada will benefit from the re introduction of this service. Looks like the Tap and Portugal have been gaining a lot from its introduction into the Star Alliance.

Regards,
Wings
Aviation Is A Passion.