kevin

Why BA Is Ignoring Australia-Pacific?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:07 pm

I have just found out on the BA's website (was looking for a contact number), that BA does not operate their FFP Executive Club in Australia, New Zealand and all of the nations in the Pacific. I am sure there is a reason for that , but does anyone know what the reason is?

These places are faraway, so may be they thought that people would get way too many miles?  Smile

JGPH1A

RE: Why BA Is Ignoring Australia-Pacific?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:21 pm

I think they've carved up the world between themselves and QF. If you live in Oz, NZ or the Pacific, you get to be in QF's Frequent Flyer program - just as good/bad as BA's (both of them suck, pretty much).
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

anstar

Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:07 pm

About 2 years ago, BA transferred all their Oceania FF's to the Qantas FF program. Given the small amount of BA FF's in that region it probably made alot more sense given their strong ties with QF.

kevin

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:28 am

I will have to agree with JGPH1A on the "executive club sucks" part.

It has been almost 40 days that I have been contacting BA offices throughout the world (I am in Myanmar at this time). The thing is I am booked on a Cathay flight to canada out of Bangkok and since I have a fair amount of miles on my card I wanted to upgrade my Cathay flight AT LEAST to business.

Well it looks like it won't happen afterall. Everytime I call the BA service center I hear something like "I will look into this and contact you" (I haven't heard from them since). Or "Could you call us back on Thursday?" or "We don't have anything available at this time". She was unable to answer my "What is the nearest date available?" question. After I have spent a lot of money on those phone calls and e-mails I finally gave up trying. These guys in the service centers should be diplomats, honestly. They are there to serve the "big shots" with Gold and Silver memeberships. They do not assist the "crowd". Well, you can say what you want to say, but I have experienced it myself.

BA has a great in flight product, however the FFP part of them sucks. A lot.
prove me I am wrong.

BAxMAN

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:26 am

Quoting Kevin (Reply 3):
It has been almost 40 days that I have been contacting BA offices throughout the world (I am in Myanmar at this time). The thing is I am booked on a Cathay flight to canada out of Bangkok and since I have a fair amount of miles on my card I wanted to upgrade my Cathay flight AT LEAST to business.

Stop wasting your time.

You cannot upgrade a CX flight with BA miles.
I need to get laid

trekster

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:28 am

Quoting Kevin (Thread starter):
BA does not operate their FFP Executive Club in Australia, New Zealand and all of the nations in the Pacific

It would be becasue BA do not really operate in those areas, u aremore than likly going to be using QF a lot more than BA if u live there, so why use a BA FFP when QF is right on ur doorstep. U still get miles with BA, but at the contacts are all local
Where does the time go???

zeekiel

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:12 am

Quoting Kevin (Reply 3):
I will have to agree with JGPH1A on the "executive club sucks" part.

Yup. I agree. It was a useless program for myself and my little points I attributed to it.

When I tried to book an award flight, I couldn't book online (then) unlike NZ and QF.

Cheers

Zeekiel
Bring back the New Zealand Air Combat Force

kevin

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:55 am

To BaxMan:

I inquired with BA and they told me that with the amount of miles I have on my card it is possible to upgrade my CX flight. BA and CX are partners (Oneworld alliance) and you can redeem your BA miles on any partner airline should it be for a free ticket or an upgrade.

gigneil

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:57 am

If you live in Europe, you can't get a NW WorldPerks card you have to get the KL program, and if you live in the US you have to get WorldPerks.

I'd assume Japanese nationals can get the WorldPerks card there.

N

B747-437B

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:03 am

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 8):
If you live in Europe, you can't get a NW WorldPerks card you have to get the KL program, and if you live in the US you have to get WorldPerks.

Not anymore.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

gigneil

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:26 am

Thanks for the correction.

N

QANTASforever

Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:31 pm

Quoting Kevin (Thread starter):
Why BA Is Ignoring Australia-Pacific?

IT'S A FREAKIN CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

kevin

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:27 pm

To Qantas Forever:

Ya! I thought it was.  Smile

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:03 pm

I makes no difference if you are a Gold or Silver card holder when it comes to trading in miles. If there are no seats in U class for Club or Z for First, you won't be getting a seat regardless. You can now "buy" miles if you are short some with BA.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

GuyBetsy1

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:08 pm

To KEVIN of Canada.

I believe that you hold the BAEC-Asia/Pacific region right? Then in your case, you are allowed to upgrade on CX flights because your miles are banked in ASIAMILES.

I would suggest calling ASIAMILES instead of BAEC because BAEC's systems are not linked with ASIAMILES.

ASIAMILES would be able to access your account and will advise you of the appropriate miles for deduction to upgrade on the CX flight.