nycflyer

Anyone Heard Of Air Blue, Pakistani LCC?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:50 am

I just read an article that referred to Air Blue http://www.airblue.com as a Pakistani LCC. I had never heard of them before, but their website is pretty sharp and impressive, and it says they were founded in 2004. Currently they fly between the five or six biggest Pakistani cities. Good for Pakistan! Hope they do well! Anyone know more about them? I'm surprised I've never read about them on these forums before.

Good to see the LCC model spreading to other parts of the world traditionally dominated by behemoth state-owned carriers.

PIA777

RE: Anyone Heard Of Air Blue, Pakistani LCC?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:06 am

They have been around for about a year or so. They are alot like Jet Blue with an all A320 fleet. I have not flown with them yet.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

jacobin777

Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:02 am

I started a post about Air Blue last September (2004)...I will most probably be taking them this year...!!  biggrin 

Pakistan's Newest LCC"Air Blue"

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...general_aviation/read.main/1737078
"Up the Irons!"

vivek0072

Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:17 am

The site is really well done, do not know how the service is, but all the best to them and may be Air Deccan could learn something from them for their website.
That life's most failures were people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up. - Edison.

AA777

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:15 pm

My friend / roommate's uncle is the owner / president of Air Blue.... supposedly he came to the U.S. recently to do 'some business' with boeing. I enquired more, but since my roommate is useless he told me he didnt know anything else about it... and yes, I am serious.

It does look like a pretty nice LCC, and looks to grow substantially in the near future. Apparently they want to open up a few int'l routes soon, to neighboring nations, and other nearby places like Dubai.

-AA777

jacobin777

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:33 pm

Quoting AA777 (Reply 4):
My friend / roommate's uncle is the owner / president of Air Blue.

can you get the uncle to hook me up with some AirBlue passes??? I'm certainly going to fly them later this summer/early fall... biggrin 
"Up the Irons!"

ejmmsu

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:17 pm

I was browsing around the website, and decided to look around a little bit and see what the fares were.

This airline is very inexpensive!!!

I tried booking a same day itenerary, and the roundtrip flights were around $130 USD for coach and $300 for business class.

Very good fares, IMO.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

nycflyer

Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:09 pm

It does seem like a knockoff of B6. However, imitation is the best form of flattery. I wonder if B6 cares - if anything, they're probably proud that others would want to imitate their model and corporate identity, just so long as there are no copyright violations. Obviously, there is no threat of competition between the two.

A bit off-topic, but I wonder if any similar airline imitations have happened before? Does anyone know if Air Blue's founders had B6 in mind when they created this?

Also - anyone else notice that the site is 100% English, not even a link to translate to Urdu, the national language of Pakistan. How "modern" of them, but I wonder if the average Pakistani might look at them as arrogant, or catering only to the richest/most educated. Which doesn't really jive with the idea of marketing to the Gulf labor force, as others have suggested.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos