gokmengs

DL JFK Gate Assignements

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:26 pm

Hi I was wondering if DL uses the same gates everyday for international flights from JFK. I take JFK-IST very often and 90% of the time it leaves from the same gate. The reason for my question is; I am taking JFK-IST(DL 72) on July 7th while my friends are leaving with DL 148(JFK-FCO) on the same date and the flights leave the same exact time(5.30) Can anyone help me figure out the gate assignments for those 2 flights on July 7th? Thanks
Gercekleri Tarih Yazar Tarihide Galatasaray

FLAIRPORT

RE: DL JFK Gate Assignements

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:32 pm

Well, I don't know if its systemwide, but here at FLL it is pretty prodictable:
D1: Song
D2: song
D3:overnights/song/delayed flights
D4: overnights/song/delayed flights
D5: ATL, CVG
D6: Delta Connection
D7: Delta Connection
D8 ATL, CVG, Delta Connection
D9: Midwest Airlines, ATL, SLC

I know it doesn't help you, but if its like that at FLL almost daily, it might be the same at JFK.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

gokmengs

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:52 pm

Quoting FLAIRPORT (Reply 1):
I know it doesn't help you, but if its like that at FLL almost daily, it might be the same at JFK.

Thanks Flairport, it kind of helps actually but JFK is bigger and I guess more complicated then FLL.
I actually checked the website and IST flight was the same for yesterday,today and tommorrow.(thats the most you can check) however the FCO flight went from gate 21 yesterday to gate 23 today and it will go back to 21 tommorrow  confused 
Maybe someone have specific info though.

panamair

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:10 pm

Quoting Gokmengs (Thread starter):
Hi I was wondering if DL uses the same gates everyday for international flights from JFK.

In short, no. Some flights may leave from particular gates more than others but in general, there is no rule. The few rules there are include:
- no Song flights leave from Terminal 3 gates
- no widebodies at Gates 1,2,16,17 of Terminal 3 or Gates 20, 29 at Terminal 2
- SA always at Gate 5; RJ at Gate 4; OK mostly at Gate 7

[Edited 2005-06-29 16:15:06]

FLAIRPORT

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:12 pm

Yea...There could be a delay, or extra segment, or some reason the flight was moved...the song flight to ATL (very smart of DL, cancel the 8:15pm flight, put them on the 4 hour delayed song flight!) left out of D6 yesterday, so anything is possible.

I forgot to mention that at ATL: LGA, DCA, LAX, FLL etc flights tend to go out of the T and close in A gates...flights to smaller cities like ABQ, TUL (do they still have mainline?), and MOB tend to go out of the B and D gates. Its not as predictable as FLL, but I can usually get it down to within a concourse or a few gates in it.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

gokmengs

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:28 pm

Quoting Panamair (Reply 3):
In short, no. Some flights may leave from particular gates more than others but in general, there is no rule.

I guess you are right, but the specific flights that I asked about are daily and same time of the day for years Smile It could be a possibilty anyhow. Thanks for the info I didn't know about certain gate rules.