EZYAirbus
Topic Author

New Terminal At Luton Opened Today

Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:32 am

In the early hours of this morning London Luton Airport opened the first phase of its new £35 million Passenger Terminal Development.

London Luton is one of the UK's fastest growing airports, currently serving well over 8 million passengers per year and in the last 18 months has been able to announce no less than 27 new daily scheduled services to destinations throughout Europe.

To meet this burgeoning demand, in September 2004 the Airport embarked on an ambitious, £35 million project to provide its customers a dramatically enhanced travelling experience by providing spacious new state-of-the-art facilities.

These include a 7400m2 Departure Lounge & Retail / Catering complex, a 6-Gate, 200 metre long Boarding Pier and associated new Security, Immigration and Customs Halls.

The Departure Lounge & Retail Complex development is being undertaken within the 1st Floor of the existing main Passenger Terminal, an area which has lain 'fallow' since the building was officially opened by Her Majesty the Queen in November 1999.

Phase One of the development opened for business at exactly 04.30 hrs today with an informal ribbon cutting ceremony performed by the Airport's Managing Director Paul Kehoe, who was in the Terminal with his management team helping staff to prepare for the opening.

Work now continues towards the completion of the remaining Phases of the project with final completion in September.

http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/news.asp?id=137

I took a walk round there myself last night as was impressed by what I saw, ill get some pics tomorrow when I go through on my way to Barcelona

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

trident2e

RE: New Terminal At Luton Opened Today

Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:35 am

Is it a new terminal as the topic title suggests or just a development of the existing terminal?

EZYAirbus
Topic Author

Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:40 am

In theory its a new terminal as up til now it only been used for check-in, everything else had been in the old terminal, now everything is in the new terminal which opened in 1999

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

fly707

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:08 am

Good news, hope to see a new long runway there .

Regards .
Without mistakes we will never learn

stirling

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:47 am

Is there a diagram for this?

Don't these people believe in putting a terminal map on their website?

Same stale complaint I had last year......
Delete this User

ctbarnes

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:36 pm

So, does this mean Luton will now have actual jetways??

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy