PILOTALLEN
Topic Author

Falcon Biz Jet Question

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:48 am

Hi,
I work the line at a large FBO in MA, I have been meaning to ask pilots these questions bu so far I haven't remembered. Anyway I notice that there are two different models of the Falcon 10/20 the 100/200....is there a difference? Also if anyone knows....whats the purpose of opening the captains window once they shut the engines down? (I am assuming to assure the pressurization is off...but I also know you set it to sea level below 12,500) IF anyone has an idea as to why that would be great. Thanks -Josh
Thats not flying, thats falling with style -Woody

CosmicCruiser

RE: Falcon Biz Jet Question

Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:07 am

It's been a number of yrs. since I flew the DA-20 but all I would say is that it's to be sure the PSID is 0. In the small cabins it's easy for a little residual press. to be present and opening the door could be exciting if that very little press. threw you forward as the door opened. I don't remember the Falcon being a prob. but on the NA-265 Sabre we always opened the DV window after exiting the rnwy and there was a definite WHOOSH!

Quoting PILOTALLEN (Thread starter):
(I am assuming to assure the pressurization is off...

The outflow valve is full open

Quoting PILOTALLEN (Thread starter):
I also know you set it to sea level below 12,500

I don't remember the max. diff on the Falcon but I'm sure it's just that the pressurization can maintain a sea lvl cabin at 12,500' so why climb the cabin except for adjusting it for the landing arpt elevation.

FCKC

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:18 pm

Difference between Falcon10 and 100 is the avionic.

Differences between Falcon20 and Falcon200 are the engines and a larger fuel tank , thus more range.

The first Falcon20 made its first flight on May 4th 1963 with Pratt & Whitney JT12A , later remplaced by General Electric CF700 , mounted on all Falcon20s
This engine has been upgraded , thus some new versions of the Falcon20 , such as Falcon20 D , E , F.
The final step was the Falcon200 , powered by Garrett ATF3.It was first called the Falcon20 H , but changed its name to Falcon200 , before first delivery.
The Falcon20G is those of the US Coast Guard

Hope it helps.

PILOTALLEN
Topic Author

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:54 pm

hey,
thanks for the info...we can set the pressurization to Sea Level on our way down....we usually keep it 500ft above SL. It might just be an operating procedure more than a standard setup...I dunno....I just do radios and navigation for this guy in his PC-12 not sur eof the logistics to it but now Im going to read up on it. thanks again for the info really interesting. -Josh
Thats not flying, thats falling with style -Woody

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos