ejmmsu

Www.united.com...Join Milage Plus Or Screw You

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:05 pm

For simplicity in my travels, for each of the major alliances (Star, Skyteam OneWord), I have "home-base" frequent flier account, as follows....

Skyteam NW
Star US
OneWorld AA

I just recently booked my first flight on UA, and obviously applied my US F.F. number. This reservation was done on expedia.com.

Expedia was very vague about seat assignments, so I decided I would go straight to the source to make sure I got the seats I wanted. The simple thing to do would be to go to www.united.com, pull up my reservation, and select my seats. I've done this many times with DL, CO, NW, and AA. On their websites, all you need is your record locator and your last name, and the reservations are easily pulled on the website.

Therefore, I happily logged on to www.united.com. Much to my dismay, I looked everwhere to find a place on the website to pull up my itenerary. Everywhere I looked it required me to enter my Milage Plus number. Of course, I don't have a milage plus number, and I will never get one. It makes much more sense to consolidate those miles with my US account.

To make a long story short, I spent about 30 mins trying to figure out how to pull my reservation up. I then called the telephone number for United.com, and waited on hold for about 30 mins or so. Then, I was told quite unapologetically that I can not, and will not ever be able to pull up a reservation without a MilagePlus membership. I explained to them that I was a member of US, and I had no need for a membership. I was basically shown the door by the individual on the phone.

As far as I know, UA is the only airline that requires you to have a F.F. account with them in order to view and change your reservation online. This is terribly inconvenient to individuals like me with F.F. accounts on other Star airlines.

I know many of you will say that I am overreacting, but being able to manage my reservations online is very important to me, and as far as I know, UA is the only domestic airline that has this policy.

Will somebody who works for UA please tell the company that this policy is very inconvenient !
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

hamad

RE: Www.united.com...Join Milage Plus Or Screw You

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:14 pm

Delta Used to be the same way until some time two years ago. United Still requires it. Just assign the seats over the phone.
if i wasn't wrong, recently u still can check in online if u don't have a mileage plus number, u couldn't do that before
PHX - i miss spotting

mrniji

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:16 pm

Quoting Ejmmsu (Thread starter):
I know many of you will say that I am overreacting, but being able to manage my reservations online is very important to me, and as far as I know, UA is the only domestic airline that has this policy.

No you are not overreacting. It is annoying that certain companies want you to subscribe to their entire product family in order to enjoy benefits.

On the other side, at least it is possible to to your own seat reservation. When I travelled recently here in Asia-Africa, no way! They rather have the talent of givuing the most spacious seats to the smallest and keeping us tall people in the middle!

Nut basically agreed.. UA does not seem customer-friendly here, maybe one of many reasons inter alia why their shape is so bad.. customer-friendliness results in better business in the end (though my experience with UA Check-in staff in particular was excellent!)
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

uadc8contrail

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:18 pm

EJMMSU,
Its a no brainer that ual has it out for YOU and no one else,,,,you have some how pissed off glenn tilton and now you must face the music in the form of no frequent flyer mileage at all and for you to even think of it is blastfamy.. Smile
bus driver.......move that bus:)

ejmmsu

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:23 pm

Quoting HAMAD (Reply 1):
Just assign the seats over the phone.

Thank you HAMAD, I did in the end resort to calling, since it was my only option.

However, this is how it went down.

Well, after listening to some menues, and pressing some numbers, I finally got to an automated "person". Well, after five tries, I was unable to impart to this automated "person" what my record locator was. (I said "B as in Bill" as clearly as I could, but it kept recognizing it as a "D"). So, I was put on hold for a while, then got to talk to an agent.

I am very respectful of other cultures, and I have some good friends from India that I have met during my studies. However, the Indian reservation person I got was not proficient enough in English for her job. Once I was able to impart to her that I wanted to select my seats, she basically just asked if I wanted Aisle or Window. I said window, and she said, "OK, Done".

If I were able to use the website, I would have been able to easily select the EXACT seat I wanted, and It would have taken me 3 minutes instead of 20 minutes.

The website is so much more convenient than the phone......I wish UA would let ALL their customers use it. I paid just as much for my flight as someone with a MilagePlus account.......

hamad

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:32 pm

yeah, i noticed something like u said about United, i have flown them, they are a nice airline, but sometimes i just don't understand the attitude thing whether on the ground, inflight, or on the phone. its not that i face it every time, i have had Awesome flights on them, but a lot of times if u call, or go to the airport, u just sense some kind of attitude. i love them on domestic, but come to international, God knows, no comment here
PHX - i miss spotting

777boy

Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:09 pm

Is there even a way to change seats on the web if one is a Mileage Plus member? I do all my mom's travel on UA (she's premier exec.) and I always have to call to change the seats. Only time I see to change the seats online is when checking in.

I myself am an AA Platinum and I find the website to be an invaluable tool. I've been know to change my seats three or four times and the website makes it so easy.

aviationwiz

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:19 pm

Thanks, I'll stick to the likes of NW and SA. NW allows me to do it online, or by phone, and they will be really specific like I want them to when assigning my seat, or, with SA, they too are very specific seat wise on the phone for me. Only problem with SA is that depending on the time of the day, the wait time can be rather long, while NW is normally 2 minutes or so tops on hold.

Also, most automated machines like these allow you to just hit '0' and it will get you a real live person.

[Edited 2005-07-04 12:23:03]
Proudly from the Home of the Red Tail.

gilesdavies

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:32 pm

US Airways are an absolute shambles in the UK/Europe they don't provide any facility for foreigners to book flights on there routes. They are the only US carriers which operates to the UK that doesn't offer the facility!

When you ring their UK reservations department they want to charge you some pathetically expensive fare due to the fact that the flight they are offering is not an "internet deal" flight.

I either have the choice of going to their USA website and paying the fare in US Dollars but not receiving the consumer protection I would receive if booked on a UK website and also have to pay my credit card company a fee of 2% for booking it in a foreign currency to convert back to pounds.

I usually then end up booking on Expedia.co.uk which offers competitive fares and good prices they ask for your frequent fliers number and bring a plan of the airplane up giving you a choice of seats to sit at. But Expedia NEVER pass on your seat numbers or FF number to the airline so end up having to ring the airline to give them the details. This has happened to me when I have booked flights with them with BMI, Gulf Air, American and US Airways.

Catatonic

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:46 pm

AA are good but I think u need an AAdvantage number to log in and see your reservation.
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

burnsie28

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:09 pm

As far as I know, UA is the only airline that requires you to have a F.F. account with them in order to view and change your reservation online. This is terribly inconvenient to individuals like me with F.F. accounts on other Star airlines.

I dont know if it is still this way, but UA used to require a MP number to check-in online.

halls120

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:48 pm

Rather than complaining on this board about UA's policy barring access to a booking record if you don't have a MP number, you might consider writing UA a letter expressing your concerns.

Years ago, I flew a particularly horrid PHL/FRA r/t on US. Mechanical breakdowns, rude F/A's and no working toilets on the a/c halfway back to PHL. Instead of calling and berating a CSR, I wrote the airline's VP for customer service detailing my less than enjoyable experience. I got a nice letter in response, apologizing for the problems I encountered, and two $250.00 coupons for future US flights.

Venting might make you feel better in the short run, but a letter might yield concrete results.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

adam1115

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:13 pm

You can't change you seats on UA's website no matter if you have a MP number or not.

You can select your seats when you book your travel, but you can't change them after the fact online.

Capt.Fantastic

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:20 pm

I'm sorry if I sound a bit cynical about this, but you are sounding like a spoiled brat of air travel. "Oh, poor baby can't get his desired seat assignment online - boo hoo hoo" ... What a monumental inconvenience! There is a very simple, old fashion solution to your dilemma - Pick up the telephone and talk an agent ... That's their job. My goodness, aren't there more serious things to cry about?

Catatonic

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Quoting Capt.Fantastic (Reply 13):
I'm sorry if I sound a bit cynical about this, but you are sounding like a spoiled brat of air travel. "Oh, poor baby can't get his desired seat assignment online - boo hoo hoo"

Your trivialising a matter which is obviously important to him and many other people! I for one am happier with a seating assignment knowing that I am sat with the people I am travelling with. Some people prefer to be near a window as not to feel claustrophobic, some people need to be near a toilet or near sat in an isle seat for various reasons!
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:42 pm

Quoting Catatonic (Reply 14):
Your trivialising a matter which is obviously important to him and many other people!

No, he's right. It's a trivial thing. I mean honestly, people bitch about EVERYTHING. That's the problem with boards like this, and epinions, and flyertalk...It encourages rampant whining about every subject, with no results. Nothing is ever done because nothing is being said to the company.

Quoting Catatonic (Reply 14):
Some people prefer to be near a window as not to feel claustrophobic

Huh? I'm still trying to figure this out.

B

727EMflyer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:13 am

Ejmmsu,
place not the blame with united, place the blame with expedia. I haven't booked through them before, but I know Travelocity and Orbitz provide seat maps for you to select from. The only time I have not been directed to a seat map with either is when the flight was very full and the agents needed control to keep the seating organized. In that case an airline's website would do no better.

And I do say that being a mileage plus member is quite grand!

COERJ145

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:14 am

I know its annoying, but i'd reccomend joining as many FF programs as possible, so if an airline requires an FF number, u can enter it. If u want credit for another account, just enter the number@ the airport.

-Jeff M

LH423

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:16 am

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 2):
No you are not overreacting. It is annoying that certain companies want you to subscribe to their entire product family in order to enjoy benefits.

I remember a few years back I was forced to join Air Canada Aéroplan in order to buy a ticket on their website. I found that very strange and figure I must have done something wrong. But I still have their Aéroplan card.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

1MillionFlyer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:28 am

Quoting 777boy (Reply 6):
Is there even a way to change seats on the web if one is a Mileage Plus member? I do all my mom's travel on UA (she's premier exec.) and I always have to call to change the seats. Only time I see to change the seats online is when checking in.

You can only select seats at time of booking and during online check in

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 10):
I dont know if it is still this way, but UA used to require a MP number to check-in online.

not any more, all you need is your record locator, Credit Card number, or e-ticket number and last name and you can checkin online. (there is a drop down menu with these options on the easy checkin screen.

Quoting NonRevKing (Reply 15):
No, he's right. It's a trivial thing. I mean honestly, people bitch about EVERYTHING.

There are a lot of trivial things that are mentioned here, but if you travel all the time having a seat is peace of mind. Besides, all the other airlines in the US for the most part offer that service online so UA is hurting themselves with this practice.
Golf Foxtrot you are cleared for departure

Skymonster

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:39 am

I agree its very poor on the part of UA - you can't even see the seatmaps without joining MP (although it can be done on other sites). However, join MP so you get those facilities, and then when you arrive the airport to travel have them change your FF details to your US Airways account either at checkin or at the gate.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

Bicoastal

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:40 am

The guy books a cheapo fare on Expedia and expects the over the top service. You get what you pay for. Let's hope he sat in the back row, middle seat, next to the lav.
Sounds like the type of traveler, on whom flight attendants would like to spill a drink.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

Spike

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:45 am

Human cargo and a waste of oxygen (in an emergency situation). The Crew that is. Note to self - spill large G&T on the crews shoes if they are stood nearby nagging someone about their 'tray table'.

Danny

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:02 am

Another pointless UA bashing thread. Book at United.com and they will allow you to select seats without being MP member. Or simply call them and ask for seats. It's very simple.

1MillionFlyer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:05 am

Quoting Danny (Reply 23):
Another pointless UA bashing thread. Book at United.com and they will allow you to select seats without being MP member. Or simply call them and ask for seats. It's very simple

you can only select your seats at time of booking or check in. DL among others allow you to change your seats as much as you want, which is very helpful, especially within 72 hours of departure as upgraded pax's coach seats are released.

Skymonster

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:07 am

Danny - some of us don't have the choice to book at united.com, but a few clicks on the web after a booking is made is almost always easier than trying to get through to UA's call centers. I like UA, but I find this aspect of their website annoying and inconvenient - bluntly, UA could easily do better in this respect. But like I say, just join MP and then change the FF number to another airline program at the airport - my being in MP wastes UA's money in sending me stuff on MP that I have no interest in, but its hardly my fault.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

MidnightMike

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:26 am

Quoting Danny (Reply 23):
Another pointless UA bashing thread. Book at United.com and they will allow you to select seats without being MP member. Or simply call them and ask for seats. It's very simple.

This did not sound like a United bashing, but, rather somebody explaining the limitations with the UAL.com website. Now, I fly United and I have had problems with the United website, as for calling, for simple requests, I would rather the website...
NO URLS in signature

ejmmsu

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:21 am

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 21):
The guy books a cheapo fare on Expedia and expects the over the top service. You get what you pay for. Let's hope he sat in the back row, middle seat, next to the lav.
Sounds like the type of traveler, on whom flight attendants would like to spill a drink.

First of all, Expedia is not an opaque-fare website like Hotwire or Priceline. The fare I paid on Expedia was EXACTLY the same as the fare on www.united.com. (Actually five dollars more with the booking fee). The only reason I used Expedia rather than UA.com was because Expedia was letting me book a specific leg, on an E170, and UA.com wasn't showing that leg as available.

So first of all, your claim that I got a "cheapo fare on Expedia" is dead wrong.

And, I don't expect "over the top" service either. I simply expect the same general website options that are offered by all the other major carriers in the United States.

You can ask any Flight Attendent I've ever been served by, and they will tell you I'm a model passenger. I've even volunteered to change seats a couple times (to a less desirable seat) so a Woman could have an empty seat for her baby, two old people could sit together, etc. I treat Flight Attendents with respect and courtesy.

I'm not attacking UA here. I'm simply pointing out a fault with their website.

You have no basis whatsoever to attack me personally. It appears that you are mad that I am simply pointing out a fault of the UA website, and this is the only way you felt you could respond.

1MillionFlyer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 am

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 27):
Sounds like the type of traveler, on whom flight attendants would like to spill a drink

I book on Orbitz also many times, when I need to interline. On DL the Res shows up immeadiately from Orbitz, not UA, it takes like 20 minutes.

These are not cheapo tickets, as stated. I think you need to do a little studying before making comments.

Travelocity and Orbitz are full service booking engines. UA was one of the investors in Orbitz.

Priceline is what you are thinking about.

atrude777

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:20 am

Quoting Catatonic (Reply 9):
AA are good but I think u need an AAdvantage number to log in and see your reservation.

No you do not, my dad booked with travelocity.com on AA, and I was able to log in under his reservation and change seats. I have an account with AA so I logged in to change my seats but my dad was able to do so with an account all it asked for was record locator or/and last name.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

MidnightMike

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:35 am

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 21):

Expedia is not a cheapy service, Expedia is just about the same as a travel agency, in fact, you get charged a fee to use the services.....
NO URLS in signature

United737522

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:45 am

I don't even bother with talking to computers on the phone. Simply say 'agent' and pretty much whatever airline it is, it will transfer you to one.

Seat maps can be viewed by searching for the flights, enter an incorrect name, and right before you get to enter credit card info, you are able to see seat maps.

I'm not attacking UA here. I'm simply pointing out a fault with their website.

I might agree with you here, but when you titled this, join mp or screw you, that was an attack on UA and not just pointing out a fault on their site.

[Edited 2005-07-04 21:47:26]
'Michael Mooronism' ~Jetjack74

1MillionFlyer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:48 am

Quoting United737522 (Reply 31):
Seat maps can be viewed by searching for the flights, enter an incorrect name, and right before you get to enter credit card info, you are able to see seat maps.

but you can only chose your seats once, and after that too bad unti check-in.

Several of my cowrokers fly SFO-DEN every week and they got so disgusted by the slow website performance and constant middle seats they switched to F9 and loved it.

It does make a difference!

adam1115

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:35 am

Quoting 1MillionFlyer (Reply 32):

WHAT? F9's website is TERRIBLE! I think FINALLY you can chose your seats with them (this is NEW), but good luck, I've had so many duplicate bookings and problems with that site it's rediculous.. And their fligh search engine is TERRIBLE... No way to see what fares for different times until you actually select a flight. What if I want to compare the 6 flights a day and choose the cheapest? Not on f9.... spend 3 hours clicking and clicking.

1MillionFlyer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:41 am

Quoting Adam1115 (Reply 33):
WHAT? F9's website is TERRIBLE! I think FINALLY you can chose your seats with them (this is NEW), but good luck, I've had so many duplicate bookings and problems with that site it's rediculous.. And their fligh search engine is TERRIBLE... No way to see what fares for different times until you actually select a flight. What if I want to compare the 6 flights a day and choose the cheapest? Not on f9.... spend 3 hours clicking and clicking.

I have flow them every week since May 9th, 14 segments now, no issues with their webstie, no issues with duplicates, you can see the fares for different times, their search always works, also their seat map works and is much more user friendly on the site.

I just flew both UA and F9 last week, F9 is a much better experience. Although UA has imporved.

Maybe you should check it out again as seat assignment has been available at least since May 1st. (They recently switched to Sabre)

Cactus739

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:23 am

I simply expect the same general website options that are offered by all the other major carriers in the United States.

You know, Southwest Airlines lets you change your seat anytime after booking...      

[Edited 2005-07-04 23:31:03]
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

halls120

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:32 am

Ejmmsu: "I simply expect the same general website options that are offered by all the other major carriers in the United States."

Halls: If UA's web site doesn't meet your expectations, why not take your business to a carrier that meets your expectations?

I have to say, however, that among the many things one might find to bitch about, this ranks pretty low on the scale.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

jetdeltamsy

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:33 am

I know many of you will say that I am overreacting

An understatement to be sure.

Reserve the seats on the phone. Don't micromanage your PNR.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

satx

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:42 am

Quoting NonRevKing (Reply 15):
I mean honestly, people bitch about EVERYTHING. That's the problem with boards like this...

No kidding...
People Are SO Stupid Sometimes! (by Airlinelover Jul 2 2005 in Non Aviation)

However, I do agree with the general concept that regardless of how serious or important this issue may or may not be to anyone, it really needs to be directed at the offending business. It's true that companies don't make it easy for consumers to express their views, but if you work at it you can eventually get your message across. If you happen to be upset with something that many other folks are also upset about then you just might get the issue resolved. It's all about doing your part for the greater good.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

PHXinterrupted

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:50 am

I then called the telephone number for United.com, and waited on hold for about 30 mins or so.

I agree their website isn't the most advanced, but I've never waited on hold for more than 5-7 minutes.
Keepin' it real.

Blasphemystic

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:58 am

Quoting Uadc8contrail (Reply 3):
for you to even think of it is blastfamy..

Its Blasphemy  wink 
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. -- Samuel Johnson

ContnlEliteCMH

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:59 am

Quoting Capt.Fantastic (Reply 13):
I'm sorry if I sound a bit cynical about this, but you are sounding like a spoiled brat of air travel. "Oh, poor baby can't get his desired seat assignment online - boo hoo hoo" ... What a monumental inconvenience! There is a very simple, old fashion solution to your dilemma - Pick up the telephone and talk an agent ... That's their job. My goodness, aren't there more serious things to cry about?

Yes, there are more serious things to cry about. But let's step back from a viewpoint relative to each problem (e.g. -- not being able to pick my seat is not so nearly as nasty as being detained at a connecting point for 24 hours), and take a larger view.

It's true that most people buy on price. Some weirdos, of which I am one, fly a few segments each week and pretty much go on one airline and/or its partners (and even then, I try to avoid Delta). I picked Continental not because of price. They aren't the cheapest on a lot of routes, but the difference isn't enough to make me jump. I picked Continental because the experience, after the sale is made, is and has been pretty darn good.

Let's take the present issue. On Continental.com, I can change my seats pretty much at will. I can search for reward travel. I can even change my flights and pay my $100 change fee plus fare difference on line, though frequently that part isn't working well. Heck, three weeks ago I bought two roundtrip reward tickets for me and my brother. I'm routed ATL-LAS-ATL, and he's going DAY-LAS-DAY. The website showed me all the possible Continental flights, AND all the possible Northwest flights. It showed me the flights which were cheap (12,500 miles each way) and the ones that weren't. I could mix and match at will, and I did. I got two roundtrip tickets for 62,500 miles, and being gold (nearly platinum this year already, figured I would be already, but too many reroutes on DL and NW, combined with some schedule changes, and I'm not) I stand a moderate chance of getting upgraded.

Alas! I screwed up my brother's flights! A quick call to the Elite desk, and that was fixed. They even waived the $35 change fee because I called them right away. The system emails me and him the new itinerary. I can *still* log in and change not only my seat, but his as well.

Every now and then, I notice that the travel sites have my flight cheaper than Continental.com. I buy it at the travel site, and I can *still* do all my business on Continental.com.

No joke: I book nearly all of my hotels and cars through them as well. I like the miles, and I love how the website will search everybody to meet my criteria. I guess the experience prior to the sale is also important for some of us.

United, like every other airline, must get the following: Once the ticket is sold, service after the sale is what creates customer satisfaction and makes repeat customers. It's why I shop Best Buy instead of the dinosaur called Sears. And it's why I fly Continental and Northwest.

On another note, you have to wonder how they justify a call center for this type of nonsense when their competitors can do it endlessly via the Web...
Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. Anthropogenic Global Warming. All are matters of faith!

access-air

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:07 am

Next time........

Use a Travel Agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

COERJ145

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:30 am

Quoting Access-Air (Reply 42):
Use a Travel Agent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd suggust booking off the individual Airlines site, to avoid fee's etc. Also, with CO's site, u can see the seat map before u select the flight. I think NW, DL, and AA have this feature.

-Jeff M

adam1115

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:56 pm

Quoting 1MillionFlyer (Reply 34):

I have flow them every week since May 9th, 14 segments now, no issues with their webstie, no issues with duplicates, you can see the fares for different times, their search always works, also their seat map works and is much more user friendly on the site.

Not seeing how you are doing this.

Just plugged in Denver to phoenix, I get a list of 6 departure flights and 6 return flights with times NO PRICES, It makes me select the schedule before showing me prices. How do I compare the prices of the different departure and return flights without choosing ALL 36 combinations??? UA is much easier...

hamad

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:50 am

when u book on United, before u buy, and while u r putting the Credit Card number is when u can see the seat maps, but before that u can't.
still u can change ur mind at that stage if u don't like the seating
PHX - i miss spotting

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos