TravelTime
Topic Author

Air Scandic - Can It Continue?

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 am

Fair enough airlines have delays. However Air Scandic took the biscuit bought mcvities, there delays are outstanding.

Passenger opinion 99% of the time is poor http://www.carsurvey.org/air/airlineyear_Air+Scandic_2005.html

Bearing in mind Air Scandic is a virtual airline can anyone stop them making a mess of peoples holidays this year?

There was another great delay whilst i was at EMA yesterday.
Got a Job To Do. Be Back Soon.

ciaomc2002

RE: Air Scandic - Can It Continue?

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:51 am

Air Scandic is a really bad airline. I dont think they own any of their aircraft, as I know they used to lease from Finnair. I dont even think it runs as a proper operation, the HR department is in Jersey and everything seems to be subcontracted.

I am currently creating a business plan - for a project - to see how Air Scandic would fair as a new business, sort of (in a virtual world) bought by myself and restarted as a rival to the likes of Mytravel etc.

gkirk

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:25 am

Quoting Ciaomc2002 (Reply 1):
Air Scandic is a really bad airline.

Not in my experiences.
NCL-TFS-NCL G-SWJW A300. Professional crew, good meals, IFE.
DLM-MAN G-TTMC A300. Slight delay, but as above, very good experience.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

MYT332

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:30 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 2):
Not in my experiences.

Well that's when they had their own planes.

With Air Scandic this year I've had a 2 hour delay outbound from MAN and a cancellation on the inbound which resulted in an Excel 757 stopping off to pick us up on it's way to another greek island. Total delay time for that was 7 hours. Nice work.
One Life, Live it.

airchabum

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 am

I think they had capacity lined up for this year but lost it so they seem to be getting one-off sub-charters for a lot of their flights at the moment which is a very expensive way to operate. They'll be very hard pressed to find capacity once it starts getting really busy in a couple of weeks.
Biggidy biggidy bong

Starlionblue

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:41 am

I hate to bring it up but any airline with that livery should be banned from flying Big grin

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Makis Galiatsatos

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

Crosswind

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:45 am

Quoting Airchabum (Reply 4):
They'll be very hard pressed to find capacity once it starts getting really busy in a couple of weeks.

What's also going to hit them is that they've now got an image of being a financially struggling company, as a result some airlines will not perform sub-charter work for them due to the risk that they may be unable to pay for such services afterwards. This is especially true in peak season when there is less risky work on offer...

Regards
CROSSWIND

GAWZU

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:29 pm

Was at STN this morning at around 0930... SCY2231 to Kos "Delayed indefinitely" and passengers told to wait for the next announcement at 1100! Not sure what the problem was as SE-RDH was sitting on the tarmac.

MACDADDY

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:08 pm

Crosswind thats non-sense. Airlines usually cover ACMI upfront and Air Scandic have paid upfront every time, either that or they get the broker to cover them and that works as well. There is a massive shortage of capacity in Europe anyway but they get by as all airlines do!

MAC

Skymonster

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:29 pm

"New" Jet-X MD-80 TF-JXC (former Spanair a/c) ferried into EMA from PMI yesterday to cover the Scandic program from EMA.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:14 am

Hi,

Air Scandics' fleet are operated by Finnair (757) and Viking Airlines (MD-83).

Therefore, problems with the fleet must be the operators problem respectively.

The problem is, it's not the operator that's getting the bad reports, its the brand who is using the Aircraft, Air Scandic.

The answer to your question is yes, Air Scandic can continue, all it needs to do is sort its fleet out as soon as possible. That's going to be hard though.

Quoting Starlionblue (Reply 5):
I hate to bring it up but any airline with that livery should be banned from flying

They do not operate in that scheme anymore, here is their latest offering:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Josep Manchado

I went to East Midlands Airport on Sunday, and really did want to get some pictures of Air Scandic Aircraft, there was about 2 scheduled for the 2 hours I was there. Not one Air Scandic MD-83 turned up.

One flight was really bad, SCY4466 from Kos was expected at EMA at 0340 Monday 4 July, 1 whole day late!

I believe Air Scandic can change the way things are going, but the MD-83s are causing too much trouble. At Newcastle where there are 757s based, I have been told there doesn't seem to be problems to the same extent as we have heard in this thread.

Come on AirScan, get it sorted!

Regards,
AIHTOURS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 User

TravelTime
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:17 am

If you were at EMA on sunday did you see me depart? DP46, Photos?

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:51 am

Hi,

Quoting TravelTime (Reply 11):
If you were at EMA on sunday did you see me depart? DP46, Photos?

I am sorry, I did get the Photos, it was G-OOOG wasn't it?

The problem was, I have such a small memory card, and was taking Photos in high quality mode and because the G-OOOG picture was pretty bad, I deleted it to make space!

There wasn't any need really to make space, I thought East Midlands Airport on Sunday was not very busy at all, I saw about 7 flights!

I got home and had a look at the Photos I made space for, only to see how bad they where.

I was at the Airport with Aaron Lupton, and if I remember, he got a Photo of G-OOOG. I will get in touch and report back with the Photos for you.

Cheers,
AIHTOURS  bigthumbsup 

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:36 am

Hi,

Just thought I'd add something, the Air Scandic website is not working, so maybe they are updating it?

www.airscandic.com

Or is it just me?

Cheers,
AIHTOURS  Smile

Crosswind

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:17 am

Quoting MACDADDY (Reply 8):
Crosswind thats non-sense

I've got first-hand information to the contrary, from more than one airline, that they will not perfrom sub-service work for Air Scandic.

Regards
CROSSWIND

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:02 am

Hello,

Air Slovakia has been doing subbing work for Air Scandic at Nottingham East Midlands Airport.

I saw an Air Slovakia 757 operating for SCY on Sunday at NEMA, and there is a Photo in the database of an Air Slovakia 757 operating for Air Scandic on June 18th 2005 at Nottingham East Midlands Airport.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Aaron Lupton - WorldAirlineImages

Air Slovakia must be doing other duties at other Airports for Air Scandic as well as Nottingham East Midlands Airport.

Quoting Skymonster (Reply 9):
"New" Jet-X MD-80 TF-JXC (former Spanair a/c) ferried into EMA from PMI yesterday to cover the Scandic program from EMA.

Now that JetX are helping out at NEMA aswell, this summer at NEMA should have some good variety!

Lots of team work going on for Air Scandic with:

Finnair
Viking Airlines
Air Slovakia
JetX

all helping them out!

Hopefully things should improve, at NEMA at least!

Cheers,
AIHTOURS  Smile

TravelTime
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:10 am

The scandic website works, i think you have the click on the nice looking suns.

Well if it was around 16:45 then it was G-OOOG didnt catch it, other than that it could have been the Ibiza flight that was G-OOOG.

gkirk

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:20 am

SCY subbed in a "White" A310 at NCL to cover the based 757 which went to GLA to cover a 757 that went tech operating to SFB recently.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

diesel1

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:40 am

Quoting Crosswind (Reply 14):
I've got first-hand information to the contrary, from more than one airline, that they will not perfrom sub-service work for Air Scandic.

Crosswind,

Though as Air Scandic's flights are all operated by other carriers, wouldn't they be responsible for any subcharters?

i.e Finnair 757 goes tech, then Finnair arrange and pay for sub?

Cheers
I don't like signatures...

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:21 am

Hi,

Sun Adria also have done a sub for Air Scandic at EMA on 5th July 2005, as well as JetX on the 5th July 2005.

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 18):
Crosswind,

Though as Air Scandic's flights are all operated by other carriers, wouldn't they be responsible for any subcharters?

That sounds correct to me!

Quoting TravelTime (Reply 16):
Well if it was around 16:45 then it was G-OOOG didnt catch it, other than that it could have been the Ibiza flight that was G-OOOG.

I have not seen any flight logs for EMA from 3rd July 2005, but I can try and help.

I was at the Airport from 1:30pm > 3:30pm

I saw two First Choice Airways Aircraft during that time.

G-OOOG departed around 2:00pm I would say (guess).

G-OOAH arrived about 3:00pm (guess) , I presume to do the scheduled DP Cyprus run.

Some of my friends went on your flight about 4 Weeks ago, when it was operated by G-OOAE (aircraft changes most of the time), every Sunday I usually see (when I go) the Aircraft that is going to do the DP46 flight to Cyprus Land at EMA.

From that very sketchy information, I am presuming you flew on A321 G-OOAH (I've flew on her 4 times!, my favourite FCA Aircraft), and I do have Photographs of G-OOAH landing on Sunday 3rd July 2005 to start the DP46 flight (I presume).

I do not have access to the Photos at the moment, but will post them when I do. Again, Aaron will hopefully have Photos of G-OOAH as well as myself.

So to confirm, you flew on G-OOAH in the afternoon on Sunday 3rd July?

What I have said above is not very accurate at all, so please feel free to correct me!  

Regards,
AIHTOURS  

[Edited 2005-07-07 00:24:31]

[Edited 2005-07-07 00:25:06]

TravelTime
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:06 pm

Yes it would have been the A321.

There was another Scandic delay and the passengers were wating for information as well.

by738

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:17 pm

I thought one of the Md-80's was their own.... in partial Air Scandic colours.

TravelTime
Topic Author

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:44 pm

Quote:
I thought one of the Md-80's was their own.... in partial Air Scandic colours.

They havent got an AOC so they cant operate there own aircraft, so it got to be another company operating it.

jetset7e7

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:02 am

The MD80's are operated by Viking Airlines, and the 757's are operated by Finnair. Finnair 757 OH-LBU was at MAN today parked on remote getting loaded up with catering early this morning.
White A310 CS-TKI was also recently at MAN operating for Air Scandic.

Also bit off topic but MON A330 G-EOMA operated XLA220V to ACE from MAN today, aircraft shortage for Excel?

Mark
Retrofitted Blended Winglets - The Future Is On The Wing

TravelTime
Topic Author

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:13 am

Quote:

Also bit off topic but MON A330 G-EOMA operated XLA220V to ACE from MAN today, aircraft shortage for Excel?

I am suprised Monarch had the capacity to manage a A330 for them.

jetset7e7

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:40 am

It came in from Jardines Del Ray (CCC) as MON346 at 0550, was due at 0510. G-EOMA was due for a daystop at MAN, and is operating MON325 to Holguin (HOG) at 0730 tomorrow morning (Friday). It arrives back this evening as XLA221V at 1840, estimating 1855, due to late departure this morning.

XLA220/1V is scheduled as a 767-200 but the flight is only up till the 7th so it was the last day of operations for this flight. So plenty of room to space about on an A330 rather than a 767-200!

Mark

jmc757

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:01 am

Air Scandic is a strange set up. They get all this flying and then sub-contract it to people. Yet they still provide cabin crew on employment contracts based in Jersey.

Although Air Scandic don't have an AOC to operate on, they must have some sort of licence as flights still take place on SCY flight codes. Anyone know how this is possible?

Quoting Diesel1 (Reply 18):

I would imagine its still Air Scandic. As stated above flights are still on SCY codes and Air Scandic are providing at least some cabin crew. This must be under some sort of licence, although I'm not sure anyone understands how this works. I do still think though that Air Scandic are responsible.

Quoting AIHTOURS (Reply 10):
Air Scandics' fleet are operated by Finnair (757) and Viking Airlines (MD-83).

Therefore, problems with the fleet must be the operators problem respectively.

The problem is, it's not the operator that's getting the bad reports, its the brand who is using the Aircraft, Air Scandic.

At the end of the day Air Scandic took on this flying. It is THEIR responsibility to honour that flying and if they have not used reliable operators to provide it, its still their problem.

It seems they have taken on all this flying, contracted it out as cheap as possible and actually don't give a damn about passengers or anything else. Saw a 25 hour delay on an EMA flight the other day. Unbelievable.

It may also be worth saying that Viking Airlines are operating some flights in their own right this year. At Birmingham VIK flights have been very punctual since the season started. So it can't all be down to Viking.

The real question is that after this year, will anyone give them any flying next year? Unfortunately I think that in the cost driven business world, the unfortunate answer is yes.

Then again, anyone remember Transjet a few years back? De-ja-vu?

Finally, can anyone give a list of what Air Scandic currently have based where?

AIHTOURS

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:41 am

Hi,

Some Valid points there Jmc757.

Quoting Jmc757 (Reply 26):
Finally, can anyone give a list of what Air Scandic currently have based where?

No Problem, I posted this a while back (all the information is off the Air Scandic Website, so if you find this a bit confusing, check the Website and click "fleet":

SUMMER 2005

• Nottingham East Midlands Airport - 2 MD-83s

• London Stansted Airport- 3 MD-83s

• Birmingham - Air Scandic will operate flights between Birmingham and Rhodes and Kalamata using a Boeing 757 (leased Finnair) or an MD-83.

• Manchester - 2 Boeing 757s (leased Finnair)

• Newcastle - 1 Boeing 757

• There will be flights to Orlando Sanford from: Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Belfast utilizing a single Boeing 757 with 227 seats.

There are 2 Air Scandic branded MD-83s currently in the fleet:

SE-RDF

SE-RDH

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mike Moores

• Hope this helps!

• At East Midlands Airport, there were two positioning flights on 5th July for Air Scandic:

Flight numbers:

Air Scandic 7772
    Air Scandic 441P

Where operated by a Fokker 100 in Sun Adria colours and a JetX MD-80. I don't know what aircraft covered what flight though.

Regards,
    AIHTOURS  Smile
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 User

jmc757

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:43 am

See, thats what I don't get. According to the website there should be 5 MD83s and 3 Boeing 757s in action. However, I don't think there is?

AIHTOURS

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:07 am

Hi,

The information on the Website has been updated since I posted it originally in another thread, and I had to update it when I wrote it above according to the updates on the Website.

Quoting Jmc757 (Reply 28):
    5 MD83s

They are probably including some of the subs/leased aircraft here,

you have:

SE-RDF - Air Scandic
    SE-RDH - Air Scandic
    TF-JXC - JetX (Lease)

The other two MD-83s remain a mystery! Maybe Viking are operating some of their Branded MD-83s for some Air Scandic flights?

Quoting Jmc757 (Reply 28):
    3 Boeing 757s

That's correct, as there are 3 Finnair 757s Air Scandic are using.  

• There is some evidence here that Air Scandic are going to continue operating in 2006, as one of the leased Finnair 757s is returning in Summer 2006 and not Summer 2005 like the other two.

Updates are coming in daily on Air Scandic, so I am sure the 2x MD-83 mystery will be solved soon.

Regards,
    AIHTOURS  

One last thing, SE-RDF is the Viking Airlines livery, unlike SE-RDH which is in the Air Scandic livery.

[Edited 2005-07-08 00:11:29]

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:31 am

Hello,

Air Scandic must have asked for some of the reviews off the Car Survey Website to be removed. Now there are only 5 reviews

Reading some of the passengers' comments,

Excel Airways

View Large View Medium

Photo © Aaron Lupton - WorldAirlineImages

Hello MD-83

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andreas Zube

Spanair MD-83

View Large View Medium

Photo © Francisco José Jurado Ariza

have been operating on-behalf of Air Scandic at East Midlands Airport.

So far at East Midlands Airport this Summer then we have had operating on behalf/for of Air Scandic as well as Viking Airlines and Finnair:

Excel Airways
    JetX
    Spanair
    Air Slovakia
    Hello
    Sun Adria
    Air Slovakia

It looks they are making a good effort to get things sorted!  Well Done Air Scandic!

AIHTOURS

[Edited 2005-07-13 17:33:19]

speedbirdegjj

Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:53 am

AIHTOURS

Sorry to be picky but the Hello is a MD-90!. Would be nice to get a ride on one, becoming increasingly hard in Europe.

Ryan

AIHTOURS

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:54 am

No problem Ryan, the review said "MD plane" so I assumed it was a MD-83.

I checked the database so I should have noticed!

Thanks for noticing  

• Just had a look at the Air Scandic records, and a Finnair 757 [OH-LBU] operated an Air Scandic flight on 3rd July 2005 at East Midlands Airport.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Whitebird

That must be one of the 757s they are using.

• Also, a Dubrovnik Airline MD-83 [9A-CDA] operated for Air Scandic on 14th May at East Midlands Airport. I should have remembered because I was there!

Photo:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Stephen Fox

Just checked CarSurvey, and now there are only 2 Air Scandic Reviews on the site from 2005! Some are being removed this afternoon then it seems.

Cheers, Ryan  

[Edited 2005-07-13 18:58:57]

Orion737

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:49 am

Please let SCY with their long delays, unreliability and fondness for old aircraft continue. They remind me of the good old days when charter flying involved an older, noisier aircraft and regularly, long delays.

SCY like Peach Air or Dan Air in days gone by!

All the modern equipment and reliable time-keeping by the charter airlines in recent years has made things very boring.

jetset7e7

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:06 am

Finnair 757 OH-LBR postioned through MAN today as SCY772P from BFS, and onto HEL as SCY901P. Anyone know why it came through MAN, and not just direct from BFS to HEL?

Mark

BlueShamu330s

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:30 am

Quoting Jetset7E7 (Reply 34):
    Finnair 757 OH-LBR postioned through MAN today as SCY772P from BFS, and onto HEL as SCY901P. Anyone know why it came through MAN, and not just direct from BFS to HEL?

Sounds like one crew did a BFS-XXX-BFS rotation, then ferried her to MAN for a new crew to take her home.

Shamu
    So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

whitehatter

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:10 am

Quoting BlueShamu330s (Reply 35):
    Sounds like one crew did a BFS-XXX-BFS rotation, then ferried her to MAN for a new crew to take her home.

That's most likely, or maybe a visit to SR Technics for something. However getting a MAN stationed crew out to BFS to pick the aircraft up would have been a cheaper alternative unless there genuinely were no available seats on another carrier (or the others didn't want to accept Air Scandic's business....)
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

SBE727

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:39 am

ORION737

I couldnt agree with you more. Although im only in my mid 20's, i do remember Peach/Air ops etc etc.

The hustle and bustle with all the excitement back then, well, i use to be fascinated by it all.

Too many boring a/c about these days. Give a L1011/727/MD to deal with any day. Certainly make an interesting day.

Long may scandic continue.

CHEAP TRASH = happy fun days
    AIRBUS = Boring days

Dont get me wrong, i do like the newer a/c but the older nosy ones are much more fun.

AIHTOURS

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:04 am

Hi,

I'm SignalOne btw Orion, nice to see you replying  

Quoting Orion737 (Reply 33):
    Please let SCY with their long delays, unreliability and fondness for old aircraft continue. They remind me of the good old days when charter flying involved an older, noisier aircraft and regularly, long delays.

SCY like Peach Air or Dan Air in days gone by!

All the modern equipment and reliable time-keeping by the charter airlines in recent years has made things very boring.

Luckily, we will be still having the same kind of mixed bag of Aircraft at Air Scandic in the future (as long as they don't get a Air Operators Certificate). They do not have a Air Operators Certificate, so if I understand correctly, they can't chose what fleet they wan't to operate that effectivily. Thats why we have got loads of different Airlines and Aircraft operating.

Air Scandic is a privatly owned Airline, (Husband and Wife), and has a registered office in Jersey. Established in 1997 and Started operations in May 1998 if your interested. Thats when the twins G-TTMC and G-SWJW started operating for them. At the very beginning

G-TTMC [25/04/1998]

View Large View Medium

Photo © Makis Galiatsatos

G-SWJW [19/05/1998]

View Large View Medium

Photo © Helmut Bierbaum

I found this earlier, hate to confuse you all, but this is where it all looks like it starts to get very confusing:

QUOTE: "Aircraft are operated on its behalf by Air Cordial as Air Scandic does not have its own Air Operator's Certificate."

QUOTE: "Air Cordial is an airline based in Manchester, United Kingdom. It operates international charter flights to holiday destinations on behalf of Air Scandic. Its main base is Manchester International Airport.

QUOTE: The Air Cordial fleet consists of wet-leased aircraft from Air Scandic and Finnair.

Source

Whever those quotes are correct or not I am not sure. I'd just leave them as what they are, quotes.

Cheers,
    AIHTOURS

[Edited 2005-07-14 22:12:22]

AIHTOURS

Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:42 am

They have not gone bust haven't they?

Just read this here(top reply):

heard lots of problems with this airline!! why? then she was told they gone bust! please anyone know whats happening??

I also found this here

Air Scandic are not bust, apparently they have just had bad delays and
    someone said it was because they went bust.

Rumours of their demise were exaggerated  

It seems that everything is O.K, but has anyone else got any information? I have not heard anything and Air Scandics' website is working.

EDIT: Just also found this here: asked in the travel agents, who then phoned air scandic to ask about flights / going bust and they said that they hadnt gone bust and are still flying. ? we will have to take there word for it and hope for the best that this is true.

It looks like everything is O.K. Has anyone else got any information? I have not heard anything and Air Scandics' website is working. I hope everything is fine at Air Scandic.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Terry Wade

Regards,
    AIHTOURS

[Edited 2005-07-22 23:54:11]

miamix707

Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:03 am

Well they did a flight to Sanford thursday the 21st, so at least until yesturday they were operating, lol.

Don't know how current the flight information on their website is but last sunday they had a flight scheduled into SFB and I don't think it came m

AIHTOURS

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:27 am

Hello,

I am pleased to say that for the past 4 days at East Midlands Airport, there have been no delays regarding Air Scandic.

MD-83 SE-RDH, has had some TLC today, so she will be performing well tomorrow. One of the main problems has been that the MD-83 SE-RDH has been doing so many flights in the past and has been getting so much use, that she has not been spending a great deal of time on the ground for her to operate at her best. She has lately being having some more time on the ground.

Hopefully she will be fine now for the rest of the season.

One particular Air Scandic flight today from Corfu (SE-RDH) arrived on time today or slightly behind schedule.

Nice to see they are pulling things around, and with a few flights tomorrow, I'll see how they go.

AIHTOURS

[Edited 2005-08-01 18:51:57]

diesel1

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:22 am

Read somewhere they have leased a Skyservice A319.. arrived a week or two ago
    I don't like signatures...

captaingomes

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:31 am

You are correct Diesel1. So how many aircraft are currently operating for Air Scandic? I didn't know anything about this operation and I find it fascinating in a weird sort of way.
    "it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

planesailing

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:48 am

http://www.ringwayreports.co.uk/C-GTDX_DM_290705.jpg

Photographed at Manchester on the 30/7

AIHTOURS

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:22 pm

Not the best of news:

Some of the Worst Air Scandic delays 13:22, 8/8/05, at EMA:

EMA Arrivals:

SCY4474 Faro 09:00 Delayed 20:45
    SCY4412 Corfu 13:30 Delayed 22:30

EMA Departures:

SCY4473 Faro 01:01 Delayed
    SCY4411 Corfu 06:00 Go to Departures Delayed 14:30
    SCY9911 Dalaman 08:00 Delayed to 19:00

Enough said I'm afraid!

Thankfully, some flights are running on-time/early.

[Edited 2005-08-08 14:29:04]

AIHTOURS

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:59 am

Hello,

Air Scandic have been on BBC "East Midlands Today" and ITV Central News.

A passenger has contacted The Sun newspaper.

I think the question "Air Scandic - Can it continue?" Is now more valid than ever.