RICARIZA
Topic Author

Avianca And Song Commercial Alliance

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:13 am

I want to share an article (in Spanish) about this:
http://www.portafolio.com.co/port_se...B-NOTA_INTERIOR_PORTA-2130266.html

It says:
Avianca and Song initiate commercial alliance to E.U.

Within the framework of the expansion plan and consolidation of the network of routes and services, Avianca initiates today an agreement of Code Sharing with the American airline Song, low cost travelling filial of Delta Air Lines. The travelers coming from any city of Colombia served by Avianca will be able to connect through Song with New York and Boston, via Fort Lauderdale. These two destinations will be additional to the code sharing between Avianca and Delta Air Lines already in place, that allow the passengers who leave Bogota to connect from Atlanta with Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Washington. On the other hand, the travellers coming from any city of the United States served by Delta can connect from Bogota with Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena, Medellín and Pereira, via Avianca.
I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

MAH4546

RE: Avianca And Song Commercial Alliance

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:25 am

Passengers will be none to pleased when they arrive from Bogota into FLL's T4, and find out they have lug themselves (and their luggage, I assume, unless it is automaticlly check back in) to T2. I think it is kind of pointless to do this. They should just connect passengers via Atlanta, were connecting is a lot easier.
a.

hawk44

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:43 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 1):
Passengers will be none to pleased when they arrive from Bogota into FLL's T4, and find out they have lug themselves (and their luggage, I assume, unless it is automaticlly check back in) to T2. I think it is kind of pointless to do this. They should just connect passengers via Atlanta, were connecting is a lot easier.

I couldn't agree more, they should have tried to work something out with US or even NK since both have a baggage recheck desk outside of Customs in T4. Unless DL is going to start sending a rep over to help with the bags people will not be happy.

Hawk44
Never under estimate the power of US

RCS763AV

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:24 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 1):

The thing is this way DL gets all the revenue while in the other way AV gets part of the money.

Greetings from Lima!