UK_Dispatcher
Topic Author

Captain Cancels Delayed WW Flight Due Pax Fighting

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:46 am

Just thought I'd check out what is happening in the news back home, and this made me chuckle! Take a look:

http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/the_north_east/news/NEWS4.html

alcregular

RE: Captain Cancels Delayed WW Flight Due Pax Fighting

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:55 am

I amazes me why the North East people have to be so bloody stupid! Nowhere else could have passengers like them though.
Why drive when you can fly?

ltbewr

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:59 am

Probably during the original 3 1/2 hr. delay the pax who fought the security guard probably got drunk (or drunker). While it screwed up the others for the flight, the pilot probably did the right thing here to prevent another possible incident that could have hurt the pax or even himself.

UK_Dispatcher
Topic Author

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:05 am

Quoting Alcregular (Reply 1):
I amazes me why the North East people have to be so bloody stupid! Nowhere else could have passengers like them though.

That is very unfair..... I can imagine that happening at MAN, LGW, GLA...... I don't think that kind of behaviour is reserved for MME & NCL!

It is probably a combination of alcohol, and bmibaby operational decisions based on tech aircraft and crew issues! I don't know the story on this delay, though. I'm just thinking back to what usually got WW passengers angry in my experience!

dutchjet

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:12 am

I have a feeling it got rather ugly that night- maybe the captain was concerned that further incidents would arrise while in flight that would jeopardize the safety of the pax and the crew. As always, its hard to say whether the captain over-reacted based on this newspaper article - but I do have a feeling that many of the passengers may have had one pint too many and the situation was volatile.