Tony Lu
Topic Author

Codeshare Flight Checkin Question

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:13 am

I will be flying PHL-DFW-DEN-SJC next month PHL-DFW will be on US Airways and the rest on UA. But, my whole itinerary is with UA. PHL-DFW is codeshare. My question is where do I check in at PHL? US at Terminal B and C or UA at Terminal D?

Thanks!

Also a side question. How does US decide which flights go out of Terminal B and which at C in PHL? Is there some kind of pattern? Thanks again!

legacyins

RE: Codeshare Flight Checkin Question

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:22 am

You will check in at US Airways, the airline that will be transporting you. Last Month, I flew SFO-PEK on United but with an Air China ticket. It was a code share flight.

A330323X

RE: Codeshare Flight Checkin Question

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:35 am

Quoting Tony Lu (Thread starter):
I will be flying PHL-DFW-DEN-SJC next month PHL-DFW will be on US Airways and the rest on UA. But, my whole itinerary is with UA. PHL-DFW is codeshare. My question is where do I check in at PHL? US at Terminal B and C or UA at Terminal D?

You check in with the operating carrier of the first segment. Here, that means you'll check in with US at Terminal B/C, assuming your US PHL-DFW flight is mainline. If it's operated by MidAtlantic on an EMB-170, check in with US Airways Express at Terminal F.

Quoting Tony Lu (Thread starter):
How does US decide which flights go out of Terminal B and which at C in PHL? Is there some kind of pattern?

Certain types of aircraft can only operate from certain gates; other than that, there's no real pattern.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.