ei a330-200

Load Factor Question

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:45 am

Some time in the last few months, someone posted a link to a website where you could check the loads on comercial aircraft for free. It was not a very high tech site, and was basically a translation of something in German. You entered the carrier (ie. CO) and then a flight number (5555). If anyone knows where I can find that, please let me know.

carduelis

RE: Load Factor Question

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:35 am

Just for clarification . . . the site you mentioned is defunct, but others may be in the wings.

There is no such thing as a 'Load Factor' until AFTER the flight has departed - it represents the number of seats sold over the seat capacity, expressed as a percentage.

The figures you mention are a list of availability by class, not seats sold. Normally airline availabilty figures include any overbooking profile that the respective Yield Management people care to place on the particulr flight, based on their professional wisdom and past performance.

Whilst airlines can look at the number of seats sold on a particular flight, the normal listings represent 'seats available' - which effectively are up for sale!
Per Ardua ad Astra! ........ Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense!

ei a330-200

RE: Load Factor Question

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:55 am

OK, thanks. I just couldn't think of the right phrasing for what I was looking for and figured people could figure out what I was asking for. Darn that nothing else is easily available.