SATL382G
Topic Author

Airlines Reporting Pet Incidents

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:47 am

U.S. airlines now reporting pet incidents. Is this new or has it just not shown up in the reports until now?

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/reports/atcr05.htm
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

SATL382G
Topic Author

RE: Airlines Reporting Pet Incidents

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:30 am

Any of the rampers here know anything about pet incident (dead, lost, missing) reporting?

At website above DOT is reporting pet deaths/incidents by carrier along with the circumstances.
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

notdownnlocked

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:19 am

In the Atlanta airport at many employee entrances rampside there are notices posting a reward of $100.00 for a cat that had somehow got out of his cage after or during a Frontier flight from Denver. I forgot the cat's name but I feel bad for the owners. All I rember is that it was a white cat.

legendDC9

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:26 am

The pet reporting could end being a double edged sword. Obviously if an airline is taking responsibility for a pet, it should be treated with as much respect as possible. If there are problems they should be identified and fixed. However, There are airlines out there (WN, B6) that do not allow checked in pets and that has not been a customer service issue. If the heat is turned up on the carriers that do allow pet transport, they just may decide that it is not worth the hassle and liability and not allow them anymore. Careful what you wish for...

mariner

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:46 am

Quoting Notdownnlocked (Reply 2):
In the Atlanta airport at many employee entrances rampside there are notices posting a reward of $100.00 for a cat that had somehow got out of his cage after or during a Frontier flight from Denver. I forgot the cat's name but I feel bad for the owners. All I rember is that it was a white cat.

That's a puzzle. There is only one Frontier/cat incident at ATL that I know of, and the animal was never lost:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...icle/0,1299,DRMN_4_3911732,00.html

Are you saying that Frontier had another cat incident at ATL? That lightning does strike twice?

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta