salim

Air India's Delays And Transit At Dubai

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:10 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm for the time being in Bangalore for an internship, and i'm flying back to beirut on the 23rd.
I'm flying air india direct to Dubai, flight 771 i think, which is expected to land at 10.45am. Then at 14.50 i'm flying mea to beirut.
The point is that i'cannot take the risk of missing the mea fly as i must be in bey saturday evening and that anyway all the flights to bey are fully booked in july.
Considering the fact that air india's flight are very very very often delayed (i had 6h delay when flying from dxb to bom last week), do you think i'd better book an other ai flight, via bom, so that i arrive earlier in dxb, or do you think there is no need to worry?
thanks

jaysit

RE: Air India's Delays And Transit At Dubai

Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:58 pm

Book yourself on EK all the way to BEY via BOM. EK have 3 dailies from BOM to DXB.

You'll also get a state of the art A332, not one of AI's lumbering A310s.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

salim

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:35 am

What I was thinking to do is flying jet airways from bangalore to Bombay on the 22 late evening, then ek to dubai on the 23 very early then the mea flight I've already booked...
But still, IF IT'S ON TIME, the air India direct flight to dxb is very convenient ...

mrniji

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:58 am

Quoting Salim (Reply 2):
But still, IF IT'S ON TIME, the air India direct flight to dxb is very convenient ...

Difficult to say by now whether or not they are on time  Wink

If I were you, I would do the following: Since AI and MEA are interline partners, you will get ONE SINGLE TICKET (on the name of AI), which means that AI is indirectly responsible to bring you all the way to BEY. Normally when I am in the same situation, I request them to put an info into the computer accordingly under the PNR, so that they can take alternative arrangements in the worst case.

Again, I can only speak for me: i would take the risk and book BLR-DXB as nonstop, be a little early at the airport so that in the worst case, they can take arrangements (which can be complicated with AI's tatty ground handling) . Worst case would probably be that they book you to BOM, and then onwards to DXB (so be early), and if IC flies BLR-DXB, on IC (dunno whether there will be a flight that day)...

It's your decision. I would take the risk. And now I have to hurry packing as my own flight leaves soon!  Wink
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

HAWK21M

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:40 pm

Quoting Mrniji (Reply 3):
And now I have to hurry packing as my own flight leaves soon!

Where to.

Quoting Salim (Reply 2):
What I was thinking to do is flying jet airways from bangalore to Bombay on the 22 late evening, then ek to dubai on the 23 very early then the mea flight I've already booked...

9W is very reliable.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)