EZEIZA
Topic Author

Southern Winds: More Problems

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:49 pm

In this report by "La Nacion", it states that due to the cancelation by A4 of the EZE-MAD route, hunderds of Argentine citizens are stranded in Spain, having passed the legal permit to stay in Spain. The report further states that when A4 first stopped the route, pax that had reservations were sent with Iberia or Air Madrid, and A4 would give a 200 € to the other companies, but the problem is that A4 stopped paying and the other companies would no longer accept the pax. many of these stranded pax are suing A4 ... more problems for the airline  Sad

http://buscador.lanacion.com.ar/Nota.asp?nota_id=723256&high=southern

As a side note, A friend of mine that had come from Madrid a couple of months ago in A4 had the return ticket for yesterday, and he was given 400 € and had a reservation made on IB by A4 agents.

regards
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

HEGAN

RE: Southern Winds: More Problems

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:57 pm

It seemed that Southern Wind could have had a very good future, but actually, it is very very dark.

Could the possibility of being bought by LAN be the best option?

I would say yes.

Agur,
Hegan
HEGAN: Euskadiko Aeronautikako eta Espazioko Clusterra

EZEIZA
Topic Author

RE: Southern Winds: More Problems

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Quoting HEGAN (Reply 1):
It seemed that Southern Wind could have had a very good future, but actually, it is very very dark.

You are correct. A4 is now only operating two aircrafts, both 732's for local routes (LV-ZZA and LV-YGB). It seems only yesterday that A4's expansion was begining with the first 742 for the company  Sad
I hope they make it somehow ...

Quoting HEGAN (Reply 1):
Could the possibility of being bought by LAN be the best option?

Apparently a new investor has come in, or will be getting in shortly as Gaston pointed out in another thread. Here's the link
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...eneral_aviation/read.main/2215074/

saludos
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...