swatpamike

RAF Duxford Airshow Oct. 16 An A.net UK Meet?

Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:58 am

Hello all

I was planning to attend the RAF Duxford airshow on Sunday October 16 and was thinking it would be a great chance for A.netters from the UK to get together. Anyone interested let get cracking.
 Smile

Cheers

swatpamike

EZYAirbus

RE: RAF Duxford Airshow Oct. 16 An A.net UK Meet?

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:13 am

Count me in, im off that day, dont rely on decent weather for this show, wrap up as well can get pretty cold there when the wind blows through.

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

HT

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:23 am

I´m considering either to go to Duxford or to MCAS Miramar on this very weekend. If it´s "Duxford" I´ll get into contact with you.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

BAViscount

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:39 am

Have been thinking about making a trip to Duxford to take some pics of the Air UK Herald that I flew on a lot years ago between LHR and GCI, so could wait till October 16th to do that. But what I need to know is, what goes on at the airshow? If it's mainly military stuff then I won't be interested, but if there's some civil stuff going on too, then chances are I'll give it a go. The last time I went to Duxford was in about 1979/1980, and I remember getting to have a look inside a prototype Concord plus various other civil aircraft on display including a Monarch prop (although can't remember what that was).

Is there a website that details what's happening on the day?
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb

BCAL

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:45 am

Like BAViscount I have been planning to visit Duxford and could also wait until 16 October. If the show is mainly military, I would not be interested but if there is some civil aviation involved, count me in.

Is there any age preference for these a.net meets? It seems that the MAN a.net meet was mainly for the under 25s, so being 48 would I be an unwelcomed old fogey?

old 
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

skidmarks

Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:00 am

Hey BCAL, I'm going to the LHR meet and the Madrid meet and I'm 52 - we old sods have to show these young sprouts how it's done mate!

Also, is their any significance in your handle? I used to work for BCAL back in the early 70's

Also, as I'm going to MAD the weekend before, I fear Duxford will be a no no unless I win the lottery or something!! Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

BAViscount

Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:27 am

Quoting BCAL (Reply 4):
Is there any age preference for these a.net meets? It seems that the MAN a.net meet was mainly for the under 25s, so being 48 would I be an unwelcomed old fogey?

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 5):
Hey BCAL, I'm going to the LHR meet and the Madrid meet and I'm 52 - we old sods have to show these young sprouts how it's done mate!

Hey, I'm sure we could teach the newbies a thing or two! Although I have to admit that the pair of you beat me by a few years (being a sprightly 38!!), but I'm sure we could console each other over a few pints of real ale while the young 'uns suck on their alchopops while listening to their Techno, or whatever is in these days!!  wink 
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barb