Web
Topic Author

Who Is Key Lime Air?

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:18 am

I've been hearing and reading about Key Lime Air, and was wondering who they are. I know they operate out of DEN with Metros but where do they fly to? How old are they? Are they a commercial airline? I have found very little information about them and I figured someone here might know something. Any help?

DLKAPA

RE: Who Is Key Lime Air?

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:20 am

They're a part 135 cargo airline, they work with as a UPS contractor and fly to mostly smaller cities in Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

AAgent

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:23 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 1):
They're a part 135 cargo airline, they work with as a UPS contractor and fly to mostly smaller cities in Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah.

Key Lime Air? Funny, it sounds more like it should have been a Key West, Florida based commuter airline.

Best Regards,
AAgent
War Eagle!

Web
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:37 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 1):

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know why I never saw them when I was at DEN in January; they're at the cargo ramp (correct?).

DLKAPA

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:54 am

Quoting Web (Reply 3):
Thanks for the clarification. Now I know why I never saw them when I was at DEN in January; they're at the cargo ramp (correct?).

Yep, they keep most of their metros at the Cargo ramp at DEN. Also, they have a fairly sizeable mx base at APA, and a smaller hub operation at GJT. Apparantly, UPS was so pleased with Key Lime's service that they raised the amount that they were paying LYM, and also asked LYM to take over the SLC and Carribean feeder operations for UPS. LYM not having enough metros decided to politely decline. They also operate a smaller fleet of Piper Navajo's for DHL and a smaller company called Kangaroo Express.

Some Pics:
http://www.rockymountainavphotos.com...m=search&type=full&search=Key+Lime
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Spacepope

Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:57 pm

Key Lime Air's Metro shortage may have had something to do with a rash of accidents. Airframes damaged/WO were (I think) N229AM, N787KL, N332BA, N60U, and N340AE, the last two in a ground collision.

On their website they also offered all of their aircraft for training, so if anyone wants to get a Metro rating...
The last of the famous international playboys

DLKAPA

Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:55 pm

Don't quote me on this but I think 787KL might be back flying, the only photo of her in the db is from right after she was damaged, still in Wyoming, but last summer I saw her at the APA mx facility undergoing maintenance so I think she rejoined the fleet.

Spacepope

Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:59 pm

Could be. They had a couple of nosegear collapses and it wouldn't suprise me if some of their less-damaged airframes would be repaired. After all, having 5 aircraft out of service for a company that small...
The last of the famous international playboys

An-225

Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:37 am

N340AE sits at DEN right next to that all-white ex-UA 727. Doubt that it'll ever fly again, it's got no engines.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.