ERJ170
Topic Author

AirTran New Website

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:50 pm

I like it.. very spiffy.. and you can check schedules with an option of "I don't know?"..

I like it.. AirTran
Aiming High and going far..

Web

RE: AirTran New Website

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:21 pm

It is arranged much better than the previous site; you can find and access things easier. The colors are pleasing as well.

PHLBOS

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:40 pm

One gripe I had earlier with the previous website that has yet to be addressed on the revamped site is that the pdf timetable is still the November 2004 version; which, incidentally was the also FL's last paper timetable.

Since timetable booklets have been discontinued, plus the fact that not all of us have access to palm pilots or pocket pcs; not having an updated pdf timetable can be very annoying.

Personally, I wish the booklets would return. It didn't take long for WN to bring theirs back.

If printing cost was the reason for its demise; then print either less copies and/or use newprint for the pages rather than the gloss paper.
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

ckfred

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:49 pm

One other gripe is that you can't check available seats before making a reservation. DL and AA let you do this.

Indy

Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:40 am

You can check seating with NW as well.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

aa757first

Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:53 am

Quoting Ckfred (Reply 3):
One other gripe is that you can't check available seats before making a reservation. DL and AA let you do this.

I don't know if FL's reservation system supports this feature.

I think it looks like a jetBlue.com ripoff.

AAndrew

vatveng

Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:54 am

One other gripe is that you can't check available seats before making a reservation.

Probably because nobody can select a seat in advance unless they are flying biz class or pay the full coach fare (which in some cases is equal to the J fare). Seat selection in coach on AirTran happens during check-in, either online or at the airport.

PHLBOS

Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:58 am

Quoting Vatveng (Reply 6):
One other gripe is that you can't check available seats before making a reservation.

Probably because nobody can select a seat in advance unless they are flying biz class or pay the full coach fare (which in some cases is equal to the J fare).

I think Ckfred means that for those opting for either Business Class or the Full Coach fare; one has to fill in all the reservation information (address & credit card info.) prior to selecting their seats.
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

rojo

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:00 am

Big improvement. Now you can chose the fare you want to purchase and combine them (ie. one web special on the way out & one regular coach on the way back)... if only AA could do the same, it will help a lot!!!

Web

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:07 pm

Quoting PHLBOS (Reply 2):
One gripe I had earlier with the previous website that has yet to be addressed on the revamped site is that the pdf timetable is still the November 2004 version; which, incidentally was the also FL's last paper timetable.

FL really needs an electronic timetable for PCs. Their flights are becoming numerous enough to warrent one and I find them much easier to use than the PDF timetables. While I'm complaining, TZ, HP, WN, and F9 also need electronic timetables.

AirScoot

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:13 pm

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 5):
I don't know if FL's reservation system supports this feature.

I think it looks like a jetBlue.com ripoff.

You can do it dependant on class of service booked. If I remember right it allows pre reserved seating in J, A, Y, and B.

It's not a jetBlue.com ripoff - it's the same system  Smile They use skylights by Navataire for their booking engine. The same basic booking engine is behind FL, DH, FR, U2, and several others that use the Openskies reservations package.