Feroze
Topic Author

9W And UA Codeshare, FF Miles

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:43 am

This morning I received my latest Mileage Plus statement. One of the news items caught my attention:

More ways to earn on flights to India and London

Flying to India? Now you can enjoy more travel flexibility (and earn more miles) with a new code-share agreememt that allows United customers to enjoy MP opportunities on select flights with Jet Airways of India.

Beginning in October 2005, United customers can take advantage of Jet Airways flights between Mumbai and London - as well as flights from Mumbai to other cities in India.

Has this code-share already been mentioned for 9W LHR-BOM flights, or indeed for domestic sectors ex-BOM?

Regards,

Feroze

aerorobnz

RE: 9W And UA Codeshare, FF Miles

Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:05 pm

I think Jet is being groomed for Star Alliance. It wouldn't surprise me. India is a huge market
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

HAWK21M

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:26 pm

9W part of STAR.
Interesting  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

HanginOut

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:36 am

I've read (on other a.net posts) that Air India is considered the front-runner to join the Star Alliance, due to its close ties to Lufthansa.

However, after all of the good things I've heard about Jet, I think that I would prefer Jet in the alliance to Air India (especially, considering the fact that Jet has domestic connections, whereas Air India does not (other than through Indian Airlines).

HanginOut
Dreaming of the day I can work for an airline

trekster

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:39 am

BA use 9w for alot of there flts as well, if comair dont do the route

What would happen there???
Where does the time go???

karan69

Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:53 am

Also it is in AF and KLMs Flying Blue programme---at present the market scenarios look like this.

Air Sahara---One World due to ties with BA and AA and is currently in talks with CX

Air India----Star Alliance as said above due to its close ties with LH

Jet Airways--Sky Team due to its partnership with AF/KLM but the ties with UA puts light on another alliance.

texdravid

Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:00 am

I don't think AI's standards are up to par with the rest of the Star Alliance. AI needs to get its house in order before it can think/dream of things like this.

If I were the Star members, I'd think twice about letting AI in. They would have many problems a la Korean in the Sky Team alliance because of their issues.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

TonyBurr

Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:04 am

You might accure miles, but would they be for elite status? If the became part of Star Alliance, yes, but for now?

unitedgirlie

Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:09 am

Feroze.....

thanks for posting the link to this post again, sure backs up what I have been told at work etc.

question is now, will jet sort out their systems at heathrow to allow us to add frquent flyer info for anything other than its own FT cards....lets hope come october they will.....maybe this is to coincide with the rumblings about a new york flight.