masseybrown

CLE Has New Website

Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:34 pm

IT's actually quite a bit more functional than the old one, although it would be hard to be less.

For those interested: http://www.clevelandairport.com/site/375/default.aspx

erikwilliam

RE: CLE Has New Website

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:19 pm

thx for the info.
have a nice day
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

N766UA

Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:09 pm

Wow! After so long without a website that was worth crap this is kinda nice. Halfway decent!
This Website Censors Me

cle757

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:12 am

Yes its better, but it shows SJU as an international destination?
Cleveland the best location in the Nation

masseybrown

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 am

Even better news is that 2005 traffic is the highest its been since 2000, when CO reduced mainline flying.

swacle

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:09 am

Great...a new website....now mabye we will get some of that international service Mayor White promised =)

DC
Aircraft Flown: SF3 DH8 DH4 328 ERJ CRJ CR7 CR9 E70 E75 D9S M80 712 72S 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 752 318 319 32

optionscle

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:58 am

Don't expect any new international service but some of the other airport advancements are quite nice.

I was at the presentation yesterday where they unveiled the new logo and marketing strategy (both long overdue.) CLE now has a plan to fight back at CAK. For those of you who don't know, CAK is an airport about 45 minutes southeast of CLE that in recent years has stolen some of the traffic from Cleveland's major airport. CAK now has nonstops to LGA, BOS, MCO, and LAS with FL, DEN with F9 and mainly hub feeder service from airlines like NW, US, and DL. CAK has been advertising around CLE for years with billboards touting it's shorter security lines and lower prices. CLE now has some of it's own that it plans to put up.

The two that were shown at yesterdays presentation were "If a man's flight leaves Cleveland eastbound for Baltimore, what time does he arrive in Detroit?" and "A consultant chooses a flight that saves her $75 and causes her to miss 2 meetings. Her hourly rate is $125. Would you hire her?" Both very strong blows to CAK if you ask me.

I'm also a big fan of the new logo, simple and appealing.

jetpixx

Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:55 am

CLE is the first airport I ever visited when I was a kid and I thought it was bigger than life. Now, it is such small potatoes, but still a favorite of mine. I do choose to fly through CAK a lot more because it is convenient and a lot less for me in terms of price from FLL/PBI.

I find it comical, too - that CLE has two ERJs in the photo on the website.....it has become such a boring airport to spot at.

Also, under airlines - shouldn't it be American Eagle?

jamman

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:23 am

About time! - I'm traveling there in October and I could do with more information.

There seems to be a trend for airports in the US to have bad websites, I mean ORD's is terrible and so is EWR's, its like they where designed in the dark ages of the internet  Smile

Can some body prove me wrong with a great US airport website??
Phoning it in from a place with no phones.

N766UA

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:53 am

Quoting CLE757 (Reply 3):
Yes its better, but it shows SJU as an international destination?

Well, I guess since it's not a state it's kinda international.

Quoting Jetpixx (Reply 7):
I find it comical, too - that CLE has two ERJs in the photo on the website

Actually there are 3...  silly 
This Website Censors Me

N766UA

Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:55 am

Quoting OptionsCLE (Reply 6):
The two that were shown at yesterdays presentation were "If a man's flight leaves Cleveland eastbound for Baltimore, what time does he arrive in Detroit?" and "A consultant chooses a flight that saves her $75 and causes her to miss 2 meetings. Her hourly rate is $125. Would you hire her?" Both very strong blows to CAK if you ask me.

Will these be commercials or what? Glad something is finally being done at CLE, though. Now they have to keep this site updated unlike the last one.
This Website Censors Me

optionscle

Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:27 am

They were posters at the presentation. I'm guessing they will be billboards.

goCOgo

Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:49 am

highfive   highfive   highfive   highfive   highfive 
Well, it's about time. The old one had still showed TWA as an airline until recently. And they aren't trying to kid themselves, only RJs in the main pictures. The Terminal map feature, though, is recycled, but it isn't too bad.

I was at the presentation yesterday where they unveiled the new logo and marketing strategy (both long overdue.) CLE now has a plan to fight back at CAK.

About time for that, too. By not even defending themselves, they've almost conceded CAKs claims.

CAK has been advertising around CLE for years with billboards touting it's shorter security lines and lower prices.

Indeed. They now have 3 in a row on one of the main arteries, not only for Cleveland, but to the airport, all touting CAK and the F9 service. CAK also has been doing TV advertising.

CLE now has some of it's own that it plans to put up.

Glad to here. Any TV ad plans?

"If a man's flight leaves Cleveland eastbound for Baltimore, what time does he arrive in Detroit?"

Took me a little to get that one, so I suspect that most won't understand it without some further exposition. Hopefully they get the point across better with the billboard. Also, perhaps vary the idea on the ATL, DEN, CVG, etc hubs. with similar city pairs.
"Why you fly is your business, how you fly is ours"

toltommy

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:45 pm

"If a man's flight leaves Cleveland eastbound for Baltimore, what time does he arrive in Detroit?"

I'm afraid I need help with this. It would make more sense to the average person if it went like this:

"If a man's flight eastbound to Baltimore leaves Akron/Canton, what time does he arrive in Detroit? Cleveland Hopkins - 12 nonstop flights a day on Continental and Southwest"

Or whatever the actual number is. Most folks are going to scratch their heads on the way it's currently written. And isn't it just a little insulting to NW, who last I checked, is still a tenant at CLE?

But all in all, you have to give CLE a little credit for trying. I'll be interested to see what CAK comes up with as a response.

N766UA

Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:43 pm

Quoting TOLtommy (Reply 13):
If a man's flight eastbound to Baltimore leaves Akron/Canton, what time does he arrive in Detroit? Cleveland Hopkins - 12 nonstop flights a day on Continental and Southwest

I agree 100%. In fact, the first 2 times I read it I saw "Akron" not "Cleveland." It doesn't make sense to me anymore now that I see it says Cleveland.
This Website Censors Me

optionscle

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm

Guys, my mistake.

The actual add read "If a man's flight leaves NE Ohio eastbound for Baltimore..."

Sorry for the confusion. Maybe that will make it clearer on the billboard?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos