alfa75

Beech 1900D Flight

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:40 am

Some time ago I posted a question on what it was like to fly in a 1900D.

I received some good replies. Just to let you know, the flights were great. It was nice to be flying relatively low. I got a couple of pictures of GHB from the air. I'm not to sure on quality but I will try to post anyway in order to gain some feedback.

As a side note, boy are they loud. I kayak near Groton-New London and you can sit right on the water right under either end of the N-S runway. They are much louder than the private and commuter jets that come in and out of there. I swear I can tell when one is coming in before I see it.

Check out this link. You can see the runway lights in the water.

http://www.grotonnewlondonairport.com/blowup.htm
The best things in life aren't things!

EMBQA

RE: Beech 1900D Flight

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:07 am

I kayak near Groton-New London.........

I grew up near there and have even flown out a few time when Pilgrim Airlines was based there on the old Twin Otter...!! I didn't even know they still had scheduled service....? I know Pfizer brings in their Embraer 145 Shuttle everyday... who else...? When I lived in the area, there was 3 or 4 regular airlines that served GON.

[Edited 2005-07-30 01:09:16]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

A330323X

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:28 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 1):
I didn't even know they still had scheduled service....? I know Pfizer brings in their Embraer 145 Shuttle everyday... who else...?

I didn't think they had anybody flying to GON right now either.

Air Midwest d/b/a US Airways Express was the last major carrier, with 4x daily Beech 1900 flights that ended 9/2/03 with the Air Midwest pullout of PHL.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

jayspilot

Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:16 am

electric boat has a B-1900 they use as a corporate shuttle doing daily trips from groton ct. to norfolk va.

alfa75

Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:20 pm

Yeah, thanks, I was just there the other day. I saw a small jet with some writing, on it. Due to the time of day I couldn't make it out. Most likely private or corporate.
The best things in life aren't things!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos