User avatar
Buyantukhaa
Posts: 2300
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 5:33 am

Russian VIM Airlines To Take 12 B757

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:39 pm

I didn't know the EBRD actually supports airlines. But then, why not - airlines are companies like any other. I wonder who they will buy their 757s from. IB perhaps?

From http://www.ebrd.com/projects/psd/psd2005/index.htm

The EBRD loan will finance the acquisition of a fleet of 12 used Boeing 757-200 aircraft. VIM Airlines, an airline established in Russian Federation, will operate the 12 acquired aircraft. Approximately 85% of the fleet capacity will be used on major international charter routes from Russia and the remaining 15% of the capacity will be used on a number of domestic regular routes. [...]

VIM Airlines, a private aviation company headquartered in Moscow. VIM Airlines is operating on all major Russian international charter routes and on a number of regular routes within Russia. The Borrower will be Meridian Leasing, a special purpose leasing vehicle, which will own and finance lease the aircraft to VIM Airlines.

I scratch my head, therefore I am.
 
vatry
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:00 pm

RE: Russian VIM Airlines To Take 12 B757

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:43 pm

Aren't these the ex Condor and AmTrans machines. I thought VIM were already up to 12 752's in service.

Just checked.

They've already got 12 ex Condor in service and at least 4 ex AmTrans on the way

[Edited 2005-08-05 13:50:44]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos