as739x

Air Canada CRJ's SFO-YVR...?

Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:39 pm

Any of you with AC have any knowledge on AC's intentions on bring the new CRJ to SFO? I've checked Sabre through the end of the year and still see all A319/320. But AC personal are coming to observe our QX operations tomorrow and have also talk with HP since they are flying the CR9's here. Anybody have info?

ASSFO
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

dforce1

RE: Air Canada CRJ's SFO-YVR...?

Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:42 am

The SFO-YVR route is a fairly solid route for AC. I would find it hard to believe that they want to downgrade service to a CRJ unless they are looking to increase frequencies or replace some of the flights with lighter loads with a CRJ. None of AC's press releases so far have indicated a transfer of this route to CRJ. I know the ERJ's are going to be used on a lot of transborder routes but mostly in the east between YYZ and New York, Washington, Newark, etc. If AC used a CRJ, that would mean that the service is being transferred from mainline to Jazz service and I would find that highly doubtful. I know they are planning a YVR to San Diego route using a CRJ.

ACDC8

Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:50 am

I have to agree with DFORCE1, I couldn't imagine YVR-SFO being downgraded. Doesn't AC already fly the CRJ705's into SFO from YYC?
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

mel

Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:38 am

AC flies the Airbus on Calgary-San Fran. United has switched to CRJ-700, however. CRJ-700s are now being used by United on some Calgary-Chicago flights.
NO URLS in signature

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos