flyinghippo

Has Anyone Been On The New EVA 773ER?

Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:06 am

EVA took delivery of their first 777-300ER a couple of weeks ago, has anyone had the chance/pleasure of flying it?

According to EVA, they will first use the 773ER on their SE Asia runs and eventually expand the service to London (I believe TPE-LHR is a non-stop service?)

BTW... I think EVA's 773ER c/s looks... ech...  spit 

My first post... finally broke my piggybank...  Big grin

BCAInfoSys

RE: Has Anyone Been On The New EVA 773ER?

Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:43 am

Well I didn't get to fly on it, but I have had the pleasure of crawling all over it while it was still in the factory in Everett.

I was up there several weeks ago for a meeting so I took myself on a "self-guided" tour of the 777, 767, and 747 lines. (One of the perks of the Boeing-badge  bigthumbsup  ) Anyway.. it was at the south end of the 777 line, all shiny and beautiful. The forward cargobay was open and accessible, as well as stairs to 1R. I talked to the local manager and he gave me the OK to take a look around. I went up and got to sit in the cockpit for a few minutes. I also stood for a few minutes in the entryway there and watched the guys installing the First Class seats and doing some of the wiring for IFE and whatnot. It was really fascinating! I love the perks of my job.. where else in the world can you go and get in the wheelwells and nooks/cranies of a 773ER in final assembly?

After that I went over and walked around the inside of a CI 744F that was still pretty barren at that point. But hey, it was my first time inside a 747! Let me tell you, the cockpit on that thing was tiny! It was so short that it didn't have regular seats, it was like the pilots were sitting on a cushion on the floor with their legs extended out straight in front of them! It really did not look very comfortable at all!

Steve
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

flyinghippo

Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:47 am

When are you going to have an opening? I'm willing to work at minimum wage!!

bouncy 

TGV

Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:38 am

Avoid 777 with 3-4-3 config in Y ! They are real sardine cans

flyinghippo

Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:46 am

Thanks TVG!

Looking at the C class seats fully reclined... still seems like a steep angle to sleep on... Are those comfortable after a 12 hour flight to LHR from TPE?

(Well, it will definitly be more comfy than Y seats...)

ikramerica

Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:01 am

Quoting FlyingHippo (Reply 4):
Are those comfortable after a 12 hour flight to LHR from TPE?

I can't see how. A cradle seat is much more natural, but it is harder to fit them. A horizontal flat is better than a cradle, but an inclined flat is a trend I do NOT like.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

kaitak

Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:49 am

I think the TPE-LHR route will still operate via LHR as LHR-BKK/vv is a big moneyspinner for EVA.

I'm wondering whether it'll do NYC-TPE nonstop.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos