a346

Biggest Aircraft At CHT?

Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:36 am

I know this will sound weird, but as most of you know the Great Circle Mapper, there you can find out which is the furthest airport from another.
So I found out, that CHT (Chatham Island, New Zealand) is the furthest airport from FRA. So now I wanted to fly in MS9 from FRA to CHT, but I can't find out which would be the largest aircraft that can land there. I googled and stuff but I can't find anything about it. It seems like a pretty small airport, with a runway of only 1360 meters. So if you guys will have any idea, what would be the biggest aircraft to land there. I'd appreciate it if one of you could tell me.

Thanks a lot...

Cubsrule

RE: Biggest Aircraft At CHT?

Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:08 am

I would think an empty-ish 735 could do it. Getting out of there would be another issue, but you don't have to worry about that... I'm ignoring any weight restrictions on the runway because I don't know them.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

ilgrancapo

RE: Biggest Aircraft At CHT?

Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:23 pm

Are there only flights of CV (Air Chathams) to CHT ????