mrniji

Playing The Dirty Game (w.r.t. Indian Aviation)

Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:46 am

Well, this is a short article of the Indian Media, which is not too bad.. reference is taken to the AI and IC Deals.. no excuse for our stupid Ministry, but it shows the other side, too, namely how B and A live with the support of their governments and mess up the scenario. The key quotation is this: I agree Big grin

A former Indian Airlines boss was so disgusted off with the aggressive lobbying by both sides that he suggested that both the manufacturers should toss and whoever wins should clinch the deal.

The other central observation:

As it appears, the aircraft purchase scene is already murky, and the politicians seem to be making it murkier. Both Air-India and Indian Airlines have suffered enough for not purchasing aircraft on time. As a result, they have lost serious market share to private players. It does seem that there is more than meets the eye.

Full article, Trouble on the tarmac, is available here. Comments?

http://www.hardnewsmedia.com/portal/2005/06/85

I am wel aware that there are 82738273 threads, but this article is written in a short and nice manner, so that I thought it is OK to circulate it
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

Lumberton

RE: Playing The Dirty Game (w.r.t. Indian Aviation)

Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:23 am

Maybe a bit off topic, but can Indian domestic aviation continue to grow at the rate cited in the article with oil selling at US$66 (today) or US$70/bbl? I know there are lots of orders pending for A320's and B737's. I wonder how the business plans for these airlines--particularly the startups (IndiGo, Kingfisher, etc.)--took sustained high fuel prices into account?
Regards.
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

HAWK21M

RE: Playing The Dirty Game (w.r.t. Indian Aviation)

Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:16 pm

Nice Article Subin.

Quoting Lumberton (Reply 1):
I wonder how the business plans for these airlines--particularly the startups (IndiGo, Kingfisher, etc.)--took sustained high fuel prices into account

With Shortage of Pilots & AMEs.Airlines are forced to raise salaries to retain them.With Ticket costs dropping to get Train Pax to Fly.

The Bubble will burst soon.Only a few would survive.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)