ghost77

New Air Madrid TLC-Barcelona

Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:39 pm

La compañía aérea Air-Madrid anunció que a partir del 27 de octubre ofrecerán vuelos a Barcelona desde el Aeropuerto Internacional de Toluca. Con este destino, la terminal mexiquense ya estará dando servicio comercial a Madrid, Houston y Cancún. "La ruta de Madrid ha sido un éxito y podemos abrir una puerta más. Ya está todo estudiado y planeado", informó en conferencia José Luis Carrillo, presidente de la compañía aérea. Carrillo detalló que el primer aterrizaje de un avión proveniente de Barcelona se espera el 27 de octubre y por el momento será un vuelo semanal y el vuelo redondo oscilará entre los 600 dólares. El empresario señaló que la capacidad de los vuelos, de 252 personas, y los precios pueden ser similares o iguales a los de la actual ruta Madrid-Toluca.

Effectively, October 27th, Air Madrid will start a new TLC-BCN with A340.

Does anybody knows if this will affect the second frequency on the TLC-MAD?

More pressure on CINTRA and AM!!

Ricardo APM
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

KLM685

RE: New Air Madrid TLC-Barcelona

Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:48 pm

A flight to BCN!!! AMAZING!!!! We should have that at MEX!!!! This is getting things absurd for CINTRA. I hope they react soon. Are they going to let Air Madrid take away all the cake?!?

But good for TLC and Air Madrid!!

Alonsou
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

bullpitt

Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:51 pm

As long as the paps remember that their flight will be 17 hours late and that they will loose all their conections, then I'm sure they will take all the bussiness.
 bigthumbsup 
These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

EddieDude

Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:08 am

This is like a bucket of cold water on AM, who is in theory assessing the feasibility of operating to BCN from MEX on a non-stop basis.

The strenghts of Air Madrid are its ability to offer more seats per flight in a modern aircraft (A340 vs. AM's 762ER's) and its attractive fares. On the other hand, if AM moves fast, it could be competitive since many people still don't consider commuting to TLC as an option and because Air Madrid is a newcomer to the country with a bad reputation in terms of on-time performance (whereas AM is well regarded in that area).
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

Mexicana757

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:19 am

This is very interesting, I think Air Madrid has found its gold mine in Mexico

Is there a terminal with jetways in TLC?

Falcon Flyer

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:42 am

Toluca has a small terminal but no jetway(s).
My definition of cool ? Not trying so hard to be cool.

LatinPlane

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:47 am

Quoting Mexicana757 (Reply 4):
This is very interesting, I think Air Madrid has found its gold mine in Mexico

You mean, Air Madrid has found one of Iberia's most important gold mines, if not the most important.

Very interesting how TAP's gold mine is Brazil, while Iberia's is Mexico and Argentina. Some things haven't changed nearly after 200 years or so...

Smile LatinPlane
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

MGA

Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:17 am

Quoting Ghost77 (Thread starter):
El empresario señaló que la capacidad de los vuelos, de 252 personas

Quoting Ghost77 (Thread starter):
Effectively, October 27th, Air Madrid will start a new TLC-BCN with A340

Wouldnt the 252 be the apacity for the 310 they have at the moment? Their 330 fits 298 and is ¨smaller¨ than the 343.

http://www.airmadrid.com/info_flota.do

MGA
Que viva el guaro, el dinero y los aviones!!!

skyone

Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:58 am

Quoting Bullpitt (Reply 2):
As long as the paps remember that their flight will be 17 hours late and that they will loose all their conections, then I'm sure they will take all the bussiness.

Well, at least I know tons of people that fly to Madrid and only care about low prices. They are already booked for september or planning on doing it. And also, Air Madrid gave them free transportation to TLC from Mexico City, so they booked them imediately. The other one just needed to come back to Mexico on a one way and was thanking me for getting him a one way ticket to Mexico for less than $500 USD.
Well, I guess al the people standed in MAD with negative space tickets from AM at the end of july finally decided it was cheaper to buy an Air Madrid Ticket and get back to Mexico than staying there in Barajas spending all their money until AM had empty seats to fly them to Mexico, jejeje.

legacy135

Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:25 am

Quoting MGA (Reply 7):
Wouldnt the 252 be the apacity for the 310 they have at the moment? Their 330 fits 298 and is ¨smaller¨ than the 343.

What I could see on AirMadrid's homepage is that they offer apart from Eco and Biz also First class seats on the A340. As they got this plane from Air France it might be possible that they left it in AF configuration. This may be a reason why capacity on the A340 seems to be less. Would be good for the clients on the A340, having more space  Wink

juventus

Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:34 am

I used to say that AM's next European destination would be Barcelona, not LHR or FRA. Air Madrid beat me to the punch...

Saludos

iberiadc852

Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:48 am

Quoting Legacy135 (Reply 9):
Would be good for the clients on the A340, having more space

I find more likely to believe that Air Madrid offered five-class onboard, but even in that case i just can't believe that they can get enough with 252 seats in a 343.
variety is the spice of life; that's what made the "old times" so good

AlitaliaMD11

Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:35 pm

Wow! Barcelona keeps getting more and more wide-bodies!

The way I could see it affecting loads is if people who live in Catalonia and Aragon who flow out of MAD to get to TLC would probably now fly out of BCN because it would be closer to some people.
No Vueling No Party

Thomas_Jaeger

Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:36 am

Well, it looks like they are going to base an A330-200 in Barcelona which will operate the following programme:
Monday: BCN-TFN-EZE
Tuesday: EZE-TFN-BCN-LIM
Wednesday: LIM-BCN
Thursday: BCN-TFN-SCL
Friday: SCL-TFN-BCN
Sunday: BCN-BOG-CTG-BCN
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

Thomas_Jaeger

Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:50 am

Well, it looks like they are going to base an A330-200 in Barcelona which will operate the following programme:
Monday: BCN-TFN-EZE
Tuesday: EZE-TFN-BCN-LIM
Wednesday: LIM-BCN
Thursday: BCN-TFN-SCL
Friday: SCL-TFN-BCN
Sunday: BCN-BOG-CTG-BCN
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

stirling

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:33 am

Quoting Latinplane (Reply 6):
Some things haven't changed nearly after 200 years or so...

....and I wonder why still, no links from Spain to Manila?
Delete this User

LatinPlane

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:16 pm

Quoting Stirling (Reply 15):
...and I wonder why still, no links from Spain to Manila?

Well, for starters, during the colonial period, all contact between the royal crown and Manila was done through Mexico City as this was not only the capital of what is now Mexico but also 'Las Islas Filipinas'. As a matter of fact, the territory was always a loss maker for the the Spanish crown, and thanks to the wealth generated by the then crown jewel's of Spain "Mexico", the Island's administration was paid with heavy subsidies of New Spain (today Mexico).

Contact between Manila and the royal Spanish crown were done: Manila - Acapulco -Mexico City - Veracruz - La Havana.

Smile LatinPlane
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

aer

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:39 am

Any idea if they are considering GUA at the moment or not really?
nice and spacious airports in need of new airlines and flights... GUA or FRS anyone?... anyone at all?