jdwfloyd

HP To Be Worked By US In PIT Soon

Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:42 am

HP will be moving from the end of D concourse to gates B31 and B33 sometime in the near future. Once moved all of the ground and gate work will be done by US. I am just thankful that there will be a few more flights for the mainline guys to work. And I also wonder if the MX will be done by US until the merger is complete?

[Edited 2005-08-14 00:42:37]

A330323X

RE: HP To Be Worked By US In PIT Soon

Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:51 am

Quoting Jdwfloyd (Thread starter):
HP will be moving from the end of D concourse to gates B31 and B33 sometime in the near future.

Those are the gates I heard, but I heard it wasn't happening until October 1.

But everything changes so often with this sort of thing, it wouldn't surprise me if it were sooner.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

Bridogger6

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:11 am

Right now AA is the one the works the flights for HP, the staff are all very friendly and were very good to me when I was in PIT a couple weeks ago. I wonder if the AA staff will train the US employees on HP's SHARES system or if it will be HP staffing sent to PIT to do the training? Not that big of a deal though I guess.

Sinlock

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:11 pm

I'm not sure about PIT but at FLL when the move happens HP's 17 employees will come over to concorse E and their SHARES computers will be moved here also. US rampers will work the flights.

From what I understand, Sense the HP/US workgroups will not be officaly joined for quit some time. The way things will work be that US will work as a 3rd party contractor and HP will pay US a fee just they would any other ramp service provider.

N766UA

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:21 pm

Will this be happening at outstations? Here at CLE, for example, HP and US are seperated by 2 or 3 gates but there are only 3 US gates for 4 US planes and 2 HP planes for the morning rush.
This Website Censors Me

MSYtristar

Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:50 pm

HP is supposed to be moving its two flights a day here at MSY from Concourse D to the US gates at Concourse A in October. They have some people over there now looking at the US gates and getting some logistical information for the move. HP does not have any employees here (they have been/still are handled by CO) so it will just mean more work for the already short-staffed US folks down here. They'll be running 17 flights a day combined out of three usuable jetways with five, sometimes six, R.O.N aircraft...all of that with a skeleton crew...I am not envious.

flyboyaz

Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Quoting Bridogger6 (Reply 2):
Right now AA is the one the works the flights for HP, the staff are all very friendly and were very good to me when I was in PIT a couple weeks ago. I wonder if the AA staff will train the US employees on HP's SHARES system or if it will be HP staffing sent to PIT to do the training? Not that big of a deal though I guess.

CO handles our operation in PIT...been that way since we opened the station.
Catch a ride on a smile!

pgh234

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:13 pm

It was handled by CO up until a few months ago, but HP is definately down in the AA gates now being handled by AA.

pgh234

flyboyaz

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Oh wow...I had no idea...wonder why they switched.
Catch a ride on a smile!

jdwfloyd

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:18 pm

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 6):
CO handles our operation in PIT...been that way since we opened the station.

No. AA does work their flights, CO did but when TZ moved out HP took their spot on the end of D con and AA started to work their flights.

As of right now some of the OPS personal will be going to PHX to learn the CLP and weight and balance for HP.

flyboyaz

Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:23 pm

Sweet...thanks for the update.  Smile
Catch a ride on a smile!

cactusTECH

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:32 pm

Yes US will start doing the MX on HP wherever possible in order to get rid of UA MX which does it evrywhere else.

flyibaby

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:48 am

Alot of times, with exception to W/B software, airlines can build a psuedo flight representing the other airline's flight in their own reservations system so they don't have to put in the man-hours learning something extra. An example is Delta handled Midway in SJC back in 2000-2001. Midway was SABRE based but Delta built the Midway flights into Deltamatic and worked it that way. It is a way to keep costs down too by avoiding staffing issues with ppl who know the other system, those that don't and finally the constant training hours billed.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos