PPVRA
Topic Author

When Will We See E-Jets At LAX?

Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:23 am

While looking through the database I noticed that there are no pictures of E-Jets in California, for obvious reasons: All current E-jets operators are East coast based.

So I was wondering, who will be the first and other potential E-series operators in the west coast?

I'm not very familiar with regional service in the USA, a little on the east coast ,but not at all on the west coast...

Will UA ever order some E-190's? UA has a hub there and the E190 seem to be a good fit for that market as per my perception.

Thanks for any replies,
PPVRA
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

drewwright

RE: When Will We See E-Jets At LAX?

Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:59 am

I have a feeling DL may be sending a few to the west coast from SLC once that operation gets up and running. I'm crossing my fingers for a SLC base...

chrisjake

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 am

Continental Express operates ERJ's to a handfull of cities in Mexico from LAX. unfortunately for spotting, they all leave LAX after midnight.

chris

DAL767400ER

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:14 am

Quoting Drewwright (Reply 1):
I have a feeling DL may be sending a few to the west coast from SLC once that operation gets up and running. I'm crossing my fingers for a SLC base...

As is obvious from the thread about new routes from SLC, at least part of the E70 fleet will indeed be based at SLC. And depending on further schedule additions, it could very well happen that a E70 is send to LAX, instead of sitting on the tarmac at SLC. That's probably LAX' best chance at getting an E-Jet.

ouboy79

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:42 am

Quoting Chrisjake (Reply 2):
Continental Express operates ERJ's to a handfull of cities in Mexico from LAX. unfortunately for spotting, they all leave LAX after midnight.

The E-Jets refer to the 170/190 families.

juventus

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:00 am

You will see some in the near future. JetBlue should base a few of them at Long Beach. I don't have anything to back this up, just my opinion.

chrisjake

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:10 am

Quoting Ouboy79 (Reply 4):
The E-Jets refer to the 170/190 families.

cool.....i didn't know that!

chris

N1120A

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:31 pm

Quoting PPVRA (Thread starter):
Will UA ever order some E-190's?

Not until they have their finances in order

Quoting PPVRA (Thread starter):
UA has a hub there and the E190 seem to be a good fit for that market as per my perception.

They could be used to replace some OO CRJ700s, but other than that, most routes out of LAX are higher capacity

Quoting Chrisjake (Reply 2):

Like said, E-Jets are the E170/175/190/195. LAX sees plenty of ERJs, mostly from Eagle

Quoting Juventus (Reply 5):
JetBlue should base a few of them at Long Beach

They wont. E190s are considered mainline for LGB slot purposes, which B6 has all used on A320s. The LGB regional slots are for smaller aircraft, so it would be a waste to have the E190 there
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

lightsaber
Crew

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:19 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 7):

They wont. E190s are considered mainline for LGB slot purposes, which B6 has all used on A320s. The LGB regional slots are for smaller aircraft, so it would be a waste to have the E190 there

Unfortunately true. A more likely destination would be SAN, BUR, or a bay area expansion. Unfortunately, I think LAX won't see many E-jets until Embraer has produced a couple hundred more.  cry 

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos