ssides

AA At DFW -- Check-in At Terminal D?

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:42 am

I will be flying DFW-MIA-LIR in September. Our DFW-MIA leg is at 6:00 am, so we decided to stay at the new Grand Hyatt DFW the night before to avoid having to leave the house at 3:30 AM.

Originally, I had planned to simply wake up, check out, and go down to the Terminal D check-in counters to check our bags, then take SkyLink around to Terminal A or Terminal B. However, as we all know, AA has not yet made the move over to Terminal D. My question: is there a place in Terminal D where I can check in for an AA flight, or will I have to take the damn TerminaLink vans around to my departure terminal?

Thanks for the info.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

airstatdfw

RE: AA At DFW -- Check-in At Terminal D?

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:47 am

As of right now you will have to take the Terminal Link van around to either Term A,B, or C to check in. If you weren't checking bags you could enter security through Term D which is right at the bottom of the hotel. Still not sure when AA is supposed to move over to Term D. You will enjoy the New Grand Hyatt it is very nice and great view from the Roof Top Pool!!! Enjoy

AirStatDFW

ssides

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:22 am

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but not to the damn TerminaLink ride! I wish I could just check in and take the SkyLink. I seriously doubt AA will have moved in by Sept. 1!

ejmmsu

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:47 am

Is it possible to check your bag the night before, and just carry what you need for the night on your carry on bag to the hotel?

The terminal link van is a drag. If you are indeed forced to take the terminal link, it might even be faster, (and cheaper due to the free parking), to stay at an off-airport hotel with a free shuttle. The fairfield inn had me from the hotel to the check in area in less than 10 mins.

Of course you don't get the Grand Hyatt DFW experience.

By the way, is the Hyatt Regency (in the aa terminals) still open?

[Edited 2005-08-15 19:50:19]
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

ssides

Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:10 am

The Hyatt Regency is still open.

You're right; it might be just as easy to stay at the Super 8 off-airport for $69 instead of the Grand Hyatt for $169. I really, really want to stay at the new Hyatt, but if I have to pay more for it, pay for parking, and deal with the TerminaLink, it might not be worth it. I'll keep monitoring the prices and developments.

Anyone know when AA plans to move in to Terminal D?