planesailing

New Regional UK Airline

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:04 am

A couple of months ago, there was an advert running on the main page about investing in a new startup airline. It was linked to a website (http://www.nutriciussystems.co.uk/group/index_files/Page495.htm) and for £1 a share, you could invest.

I was wondering if anyone from here actually invested? I got the prospectus sent through, but was a bit dubious about it.

Is there any other news about its current development either?

flybeq400

RE: New Regional UK Airline

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:14 am

Hmm, sounds suspiciously like the old business plan for Hop Airways. Or possibly something to do with the continuing non-event that is Alpha1?

planesailing

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:45 am

I have the prospectus here with me:

Name as far as I can make out is "Britain Airways."

Based at Coventry.

Flies J31.

You can download the prospectus here and have a look:

http://www.nutriciussystems.co.uk/gr...x_files/AirlineProspectusMAY05.pdf

I thought on reading the new information about the Alpha1 situation that it could possibly have been an investment drive on behalf of the investors investing in Alpha1. Im not sure, though they both seem to have 6 destinations.

garpd

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:50 am

Quoting FlyBeQ400 (Reply 1):
Hmm, sounds suspiciously like the old business plan for Hop Airways. Or possibly something to do with the continuing non-event that is Alpha1?

Nothing to to with AlphaOne. And they are not a "non event" as you claim.
They're just remaining tight lipped for obvious reasons
arpdesign.wordpress.com

flybeq400

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:10 am

The prospectus is very interesting; they've come up with many of the routes that I think would also work well. What I don't understand on the other hand is why fly with such a small aircraft. Why not an ATR or a DH8 instead of the J31? Don't see how average costs are going to be very low with just 19 pax.

planesailing

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:15 am

It is well put together, I will give them that.

I presume cost is the major factor in acquiring the J31 over any other type. Though as you say, a small prop plane is not usually associated with a LCC.

Incidentally I did some research on the 3 directors when I was reading through the prospectus. All the associated businesses mentioned all exsist, although one has since gone bankrupt.

I havent heard any other news, and their website has no updated information since the prospectus came out.

flybeq400

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:03 pm

The other thing is a few of their routes now compete with FlyBe routes or increased services by other operators. e.g.

LPL-SOU on FlyBE
LPL-IOM on EuroManx
LBA-IOM on Eastern

vfw614

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:28 pm

Would "Britain Airways" be allowed under the applicable law as it sounds very familiar to "British Airways". My understanding is that you cannot use a name for a similar serivce that sounds very much like an existing brand, e.g. "Twax" instead "Twix" for a candy bar or "Tasco" for a supermarket.