timz

Snapshot: OAG Trivia February 1990

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:43 am

Another auction listing, so more trivia, from the 15 Feb 1990 North American OAG this time.

"Effective February 24, 1990, total smoking ban on all scheduled service flights: within/between the 48 contiguous states, the U. S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico; within the States of Hawaii and Alaska if flight is under 6 hours...."

Delta still has lots of former Western jet routes: nonstops to SLC from BIL BIS BZN CPR GTF HLN IDA JAC MSO PSC RAP FSD along with the expected routes. They have two a day to SNA, along with a Skywest Brasilia that's scheduled 2 hr 30 min westbound. DL also has a codeshare Brasilia TPA-MSY.

California Air Shuttle flights are all SWM, and all SUBJ GOVT APPROVAL: two each weekday LAS-OXR, two SMF-OXR, four SFO-OXR and four SJC-OXR. USAir still has four 146s each weekday CCR-LAX and Westair UA* has three STS-LAX. Stateswest has a Sat-only B1900 TEX-BHC-SNA-LAX.

Anybody ever figure out that East Hampton Air flight to Parkersburg? Now the B1900 leaves ILG at 0825 weekdays, flies to PKB and CRW and arrives PHL 1220, leaves there 1340 for CRW and PKB and arrives ILG 1730. Didn't check to see if that's ILG's only scheduled flight, but likely it is.

HP has daily 747s PHX-HNL and PHX-LAS-HNL. Air New Zealand has 767s LAX-HNL-- it seems they started in 9/89. That must have been the first 180-minute ETOPS?

The PS code is now Central States Airlines which flies J31s out of CGF: five each weekday to DET, three to LUK, and three to PIT (does AGC not allow airlines?). Various airlines have flown out of BKL, but did anyone else ever fly out of CGF?

Alaska still has that 72S SEA-RDM-LAX and back five days a week; each flight changes numbers at RDM, and they're not listed as SEA-LAX one-stops.

I didn't know Air Jamaica flew a TriStar MBJ/KIN to LAX-SFO, and I was surprised to see they still had DC-8s MBJ/KIN to YYZ. I think they also flew DC-10s at one point, so they're one of the few airlines that flew widebodies of four different makers.

Royal Bahamas International Airlines flies an A310 NAS-JFK-- not many passenger A310s in the North American OAG, except for PA/DL and legs of transatlantic flights.

luv2fly

RE: Snapshot: OAG Trivia February 1990

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:53 am

Quoting Timz (Thread starter):
I didn't know Air Jamaica flew a TriStar MBJ/KIN to LAX-SFO, and I was surprised to see they still had DC-8s MBJ/KIN to YYZ

Those were flown by ATA/TZ not sure if it was a wet or dry lease though. I am pretty sure it was ATA/TZ planes and crews, at the least it was JM's FA's and ATA/TZ pilots flying the flights.
You can cut the irony with a knife

aloha73g

RE: Snapshot: OAG Trivia February 1990

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:00 am

Quoting Timz (Thread starter):
I didn't know Air Jamaica flew a TriStar MBJ/KIN to LAX-SFO, and I was surprised to see they still had DC-8s MBJ/KIN to YYZ. I think they also flew DC-10s at one point, so they're one of the few airlines that flew widebodies of four different makers.

I think the TriStar flights were charters from Hawaiian. I read a story about someone on an AIr Jamaica flight operated by HA in the late 80s who had a bad experience. The co-pilot didn't know the flight continued from LAX to SFO so he got off in LAX and they couldn't find him so the flgiht got cancelled and everyone was moved over USAir a few hours later.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos