boeingfever777

Spairliner Venture?

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:27 pm

I know this is an agreement/joint venture between LH and AF for heavy maintenance on the A380... but does not AF get there's first before LH? Also heavy maintenance occurs home often? I'm aware the HQ will be in Hamburg what is a OPS Hub and why CDG? They have stated a 3rd carrier joining but who? Who else has the A380 in there area? What is IB going to order a few like QS? Anyways was wondering any other info on this agreement/company.

Thanks,
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.

Leskova

RE: Spairliner Venture?

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:37 pm

Quoting BoeingFever777 (Thread starter):
but does not AF get there's first before LH?

Yes, but what's the reason for the question? One airline will always get the plane before another one, and not starting a joint-venture just because one airline has the planes first wouldn't make sense.

Also heavy maintenance occurs home often?

More than enough airlines send their planes quite a distance away for heavy maintenance - it depends on the price.

I'm aware the HQ will be in Hamburg what is a OPS Hub and why CDG?

I guess they'll be coordinating the stocks of spare parts as well as orders and, perhaps, needed deliveries of spare parts to planes needing replacement parts while away from home.

They have stated a 3rd carrier joining but who? Who else has the A380 in there area?

Virgin Atlantic comes to mind... but besides that, why would it have to be from the area?

What is IB going to order a few like QS?

Who's QS? If you're thinking of Qantas, they're QF. But, as I've mentioned, VS has A380s on order, which would make it 3 "from the region"...

Regards,
Frank
Smile - it confuses people!

boeingfever777

RE: Spairliner Venture?

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:58 pm

Quoting Leskova (Reply 1):
I guess they'll be coordinating the stocks of spare parts as well as orders and, perhaps, needed deliveries of spare parts to planes needing replacement parts while away from home.

How often does this occur for C & D check?

Quoting Leskova (Reply 1):
Virgin Atlantic comes to mind... but besides that, why would it have to be from the area?

Very nice... forgot that being VS delayed there orders... I was thinking IB if they bye or Qatar.

Thanks,
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.