Aeroflot777
Topic Author

Delta.com Warns Of Northwest's Work Stoppage

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:04 am

Right now if you look on Delta.com there is a link that says "Alert", which warns passengers that Northwest Airlines has a work stoppage. Delta says that it will do its best to accomodate pasengers when the need arises. I haven't really seen this feature used on their old site, so I think this is a pretty good way of keeping passengers informed. Has Delta done this before?

Aeroflot777

jdwfloyd

RE: Delta.com Warns Of Northwest's Work Stoppage

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:05 am

They may be talking about the code share flights they have with NW.

LFutia

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:03 am

No JDWfloyd thats not true.

In the event that NW goes on a full strike, passengers need to get somewhere dont they? It's a message telling people that Delta is willing to assist passengers who's flights are cancelled by NW.
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

B4REAL

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:07 am

UA had a press release about the same topic. AA has a link to this topic as well. Industry standard practice. Only think is, NW is operating pretty good from what can be seen, weather can cause more interruptions than what we are seeing.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

Thucydides

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:04 am

Lfutia -

Don't be so quick to dismiss what Jdwfloyd wrote...

Northwest Airlines Work Stoppage
We are aware of the work stoppage at our SkyTeam partner, Northwest Airlines, and we are prepared to support and accommodate passengers if the need arises. Northwest is implementing a contingency plan that is intended to allow them to operate their full schedule.

Your Options
If you have a question about your Northwest flight, please visit www.nwa.com.

If you have a Delta ticket for a flight operated by Northwest, check Flight Status & Updates for up-to-the-minute information about your flight arrangements.

burnsie28

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:26 am

Wow judeging from what im reading at some airline website, and through Frontier its almost like they are rooting for NW to get through this.

LFutia

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:32 am

Quoting Thucydides (Reply 4):
Don't be so quick to dismiss what Jdwfloyd wrote...

I'm not being so quick. I havent seen a DL flight with a NW codeshare flight number on it. I dont live in the land of the red tails or down south but i live where a certain airline has been in bankruptcy for almost 3 years.

Here's an example of a NW/KL codeshare but in AMS, i havent see a NW/DL/KL codeshare.

NW8657/KL657 operated by KLM
AMS-EWR

Joost

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:02 am

Quoting LFutia (Reply 6):
I havent seen a DL flight with a NW codeshare flight number on it.

There are plenty. DL 1628 (M80) DTW-ATL carries NW 9228, whereas NW-operated (DC-9 ) 465 DTW-ATL carries DL 6662.

And there are many more. NW flights from the west coast to NRT are carying a DL flight number, just check for example schedules SLC-NRT on delta.com, they route you through LAX (KE or NW), SFO or SEA (NW).

There are no transatlantic NW/KL/DL-flights, as antitrust legalisation does not allow this.

[Edited 2005-08-21 00:05:49]

Thucydides

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:35 am

You don't have to live in either market to know this. You obviously have access to the internet, therefore, you could have easily gone to the Delta website (www.delta.com) and read the alert and known for a fact that Delta was referencing both passengers inconvenienced by the NW strike and DL passengers who are flying on a Delta Code Share with Northwest Airlines...

Instead, you just popped off with an inane comment...

Quoting LFutia (Reply 6):
I'm not being so quick. I havent seen a DL flight with a NW codeshare flight number on it. I dont live in the land of the red tails or down south but i live where a certain airline has been in bankruptcy for almost 3 years.

Again, whether you are from Chicago or Atlanta or Detroit is really not relevant...

LFutia

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:43 am

Quoting Thucydides (Reply 8):
You don't have to live in either market to know this. You obviously have access to the internet, therefore, you could have easily gone to the Delta website (www.delta.com) and read the alert and known for a fact that Delta was referencing both passengers inconvenienced by the NW strike and DL passengers who are flying on a Delta Code Share with Northwest Airlines...

yes but also UA and AA are willing to help NW passengers too.