trb10

Flybe Bans Passengers Bringing Food Onboard!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:16 pm

I was reading Flybe's inflight magazine and it categorically says "The only alcohol, snacks and beverages allowed to be consumed onboard are those served by our cabin crew" Since when???? Has anyone been on one of their flights and told not to eat or drink their own food?? Can they do this?

eaglekeeper101

RE: Flybe Bans Passengers Bringing Food Onboard!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:20 pm

I've never been told, or read of any such thing on any airline I've ever travelled on.
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." - Bahá'u'lláh

trident2e

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:08 pm

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Would you expect to go into any other establishment that sells food and get your own out? Of course not, this is a fuss over nothing.

kappel

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Well, if true that's one more airline I will never fly. I will fly an airline to get from a to b. Not for the food. I will not be told what I can eat or drink on board. For alcohol i can imagine a ban, but if i want a drink of water, i refuse to be forced to buy overexpensive water on board.
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

Pe@rson

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:19 pm

Quoting Trident2e (Reply 2):
Would you expect to go into any other establishment that sells food and get your own out?

Indeed.

this is a fuss over nothing.

As is a lot of stuff, unfortunately.

It is one thing banning it, but quite another implementing it.

If I were to fly BE and desired to consume my own refreshments onboard, I would take them aboard and try my luck - although discreetly.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

HAWK21M

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:31 pm

It'll Never Work In India.
Food is Everything.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Pe@rson

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 5):
It'll Never Work In India.

What has FlyBe. got to do with India?  Wink
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

JRadier

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:41 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 6):
What has FlyBe. got to do with India? Wink

The fact that an Indian person read about Flybe here....?  Wink  Silly
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

philb

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:57 pm

Flew FlyBe BHX-SNN on June 19 on what was the hottest and stormiest day of the year. I had a half finished small plastic bottle of Coke which I'd bought whilst waiting for the flight which I carried on in my hand. My wife had another full bottle in her hand baggage.

I finished my Coke before we left the gate, we shared the other in flight in full view of the crew without anything being said or any dirty looks.

As an aircraft is a means of transportation and not a flying cafe or restaurant, they have little going for them in trying to impose a restriction. Food is sold on trains and long distance buses but the operators don't restrict the consumption of carry on food so FlyBe have no precedent in practice and, I'm pretty sure, in law to rely on.

What they have a right to do is to prohibit ALL consumption of food and beverages - but that would work against them.

They can also restrict the use of alcohol, glass bottles, glass containers and anything else which would infringe any safety and security rules.

gkirk

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:15 pm

Seems fair to me.
Would you take a Fish supper that you got from a chippy into a posh restaurant?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

garpd

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:17 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 3):
Well, if true that's one more airline I will never fly.

Thats a very shallow and IMO immature stand to take.
Enjoy flying more expensive airlines.
arpdesign.wordpress.com

Joost

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:09 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 9):
Seems fair to me.

Mmm IMO, there is an important difference. In a restaurant, their primary business is to sell you food and drinks. The primary business for FlyBE or any other airline is to offer you transportation from A to B. Offering food and drinks on board is a service and a source of income, but not the primary one. (or at least, it should not be).

When comparing with a restaurant, it would be like when you go to a restaurant with children and you need an extra pillow for the seats, that you could not use your own but only one you buy at the restaurant.

sincil

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:10 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 4):
If I were to fly BE and desired to consume my own refreshments onboard, I would take them aboard and try my luck - although discreetly.

I flew LPL-GLA recently on flyBE and had no problem bringing a bottle of coke with me and some chocolate and eating on the plane. Many other people bought bottles of water/pop with them. The FA's didn't say a word.

I did notice the statement in the inflight magazine, but as Pe@rson says, if you are discreet, I doubt you will get bothered.

BestWestern

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:11 pm

BMI have announced the same thing as well. Its on the bottom of their menus.

Wonder if they could charge corkage?
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

CV990

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:17 pm

Hi!

That's a completely non-sense.... typical from old fashioned type of flying that has nothing to do to our days travelling. I think FlyBE should LEARN with America West..... those guys are far ahead in that type of busniess than FlyBE. In November 2003 I flew America West from FAT to YYZ via PHX and they EVEN invited us to buy anything we wanted and consume in their planes! I think that's what I call the right way to do business...... they'll come buy and ask if we wanted some more soda's. In the end they took the box were I had my pizza and I thank them for beeing kind!
Now you can ask me, should I fly with them again in the future? Yes, certainly I will, that's the type of airline I like in short to medium haul business!!!
regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

garpd

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Quoting CV990 (Reply 14):
I think FlyBE should LEARN with America West

What, you mean merge with a second rate airline?

You obviously know nothing about FlyBe.
arpdesign.wordpress.com

vfw614

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm

Funny. I have some ideas for them. How about

- having the FAs selling newspapers and books at thrice the suggested retail price and forbidding the pax to read their own.

- installing IFE, charging 10 quid for it and forbidding passengers to use their MP3 players.

- lowering the cabin temperature to 10� C, offering blankets for rent and forbidding the passengers to put on their own jackets or sweaters.

It is perfectly acceptable if they forbid BYO alcohol, but the rest is quite absurd. Imagine a long-haul carrier would charge for drinks and forbid that you bring your own water on a 14hr flight.....

Orion737

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:09 pm

Perhaps passengers would be less likely to take their own food on-board if the LCCs offered something dcent to purchase. A limited supply of half frozen sandwichs and watery cup-a-soups, no wonder they take their own!

richm

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:21 pm

Quoting Kappel (Reply 3):
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Would you expect to go into any other establishment that sells food and get your own out? Of course not, this is a fuss over nothing.

Well it is different because people:

Go to a restaurant to purchase a meal that the restaurant provide. Thus making it inappropriate to take your own food.

However, people don't book a flight to purchase food, they book a flight to get to their destination. Thus, banning people from bringing their own food and drink onboard is ridiculous in my opinion. Especially on an airline that claims to be a "Low cost" airline.

[Edited 2005-08-21 15:23:55]

Joost

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:53 pm

When they are very strict in this, I would imagine they would include it in their terms & conditions of carriage. However, nothing is mentioned here ( http://www3.flybe.com/terms )

It clearly states it is forbidden to bring your own alcohol on board (articles 11 and 17), in the sense that it endangers safety:

Quote:

If, in our reasonable opinion, you conduct yourself aboard the aircraft so as to endanger the aircraft or any person or property on board, or obstruct the crew in the performance of their duties, or fail to comply with any instructions of the crew including but not limited to those with respect to smoking, alcohol or drug consumption, or behave in a manner which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to other passengers or the crew, we may take such measures as we deem reasonably necessary to prevent continuation of such conduct, including restraint.

And however it states that it is not a limited list, I don't see any reason to ban food here.

Well, okay, if you are burping after finishing your coke or not closing your mouth when eating, it may cause inconvenience to other passengers.

Quote:

You may be disembarked and refused onward carriage at any point, and may be prosecuted for offences committed on board the aircraft.

I don't think anyone has ever been denied boarding just for burping yet?  Smile

Aisak

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:30 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 9):
Seems fair to me.

Would you enter Hard Rock Cafe with clothes bought in a Comercial Center?? They sell clothes in there, so if they just banned any piece of chotling not bought to them, that'd be ok, wouldn't it?

ACDC8

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:52 pm

So after you go through the metal detector, does one also go through a cookie detector?  Smile

Kind of silly really, if you ask me. How would an airline be able to impose something like this. Would they try to take the food away from you? Could they have some legal issues with that?
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

malaysia

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:52 pm

Quoting Eaglekeeper101 (Reply 1):
I've never been told, or read of any such thing on any airline I've ever travelled on.

I got some looks when I smuggled on some Southwest Snack Packs
onto an AK flight. they also have a similiar policy, but no one really
cares, but a lot of people were looking at me (pax) as if they
really thought they had handed me these haha
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

Skymonster

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:05 am

Not reasonable at all... The airline's primary business is not selling food and when they only sell junk its unreasonable for them to expect everyone to either buy that junk or go without - remember FlyBe do have some longer than one hour sectors.

What would you say to a restaurant that said "only customers arriving in taxis provided by us will be allowed into the restaurant"? Indeed!

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

skidmarks

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:05 am

I think they will have great difficulty enforcing this. The only way they will know if you have food to consume on board will be when you open it up in flight.

And then what? Is the F/A going to tell the Captain to land immediately and evict you? Or maybe force you to hand over your food and drink? I think not.

When I went to AMS recently, with Easyjet, I took a Boots sarnie and pasta along with a litre of water. No-one there told me not to eat it. Lets face it, regular travellers are not going to buy food at the rates Flybe and others expect you to pay.

If airlines are going to cut back on services they have to expect customers to provide their own victuals. Demanding they buy from the on-board trolley is total bollocks.

Andy  old , working for a full service airline Big grin
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

7LBAC111

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:09 am

Quoting Orion737 (Reply 17):
Perhaps passengers would be less likely to take their own food on-board if the LCCs offered something dcent to purchase.

Orion, as you rant on about this relentlessly, Im going to answer you. A wider range of catering, hot or cld, does AFAIK require more space in the galleys, and in the case of ovens, may even mean seats need to be taken out.

By reducing seats the cost is ultimately higher, and on the vast majority of short haul hops, people aren't arsed one way or the other about a substantial snack.

7LBAC111
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

Orion737

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:10 am

Especially considering the crap they offer for sale. A choice of two, half frozen soggy snadwiches or a tub of pringles. Hardly appetizing food

gkirk

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:10 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 24):
Andy old , working for a full service airline Big grin

That should read....
Andy  old , soon retiring from BA Shitty Express  Wink

skidmarks

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:25 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 27):
soon retiring from BA Shitty Express

Soon, as in 12 years, 7months. Not that I'm counting. Unless I win the lottery of course, when I shall enjoy being as nasty as I can to certain yoof's in these forums Big grin

Andy  old 

CV990

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:37 am

Hi GARPD!

Frankly I didn't got your point...... maybe you need to explain me what did u want with your reply to my point!
One thing I can tell you I really don't know FlyBE but with that type of business I'll probably never want to know FlyBE today... or tomorrow... or never!!!! FlyBE is one of those airlines that come and go so fast that when they go u don't even pay attention to them!!!!
regards and you stick with FlyBE and I'll stick with America West and other 2nd. rate airlines!!!

trident2e

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:41 am

Quoting Skymonster (Reply 23):
Not reasonable at all... The airline's primary business is not selling food and when they only sell junk its unreasonable for them to expect everyone to either buy that junk or go without - remember FlyBe do have some longer than one hour sectors.

It's of no consequence at all what their primary business is. They have the absolute right to say what can and cannot be done on their property.

garpd

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:41 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 29):
Hi GARPD!

Frankly I didn't got your point...... maybe you need to explain me what did u want with your reply to my point!
One thing I can tell you I really don't know FlyBE but with that type of business I'll probably never want to know FlyBE today... or tomorrow... or never!!!! FlyBE is one of those airlines that come and go so fast that when they go u don't even pay attention to them!!!!
regards and you stick with FlyBE and I'll stick with America West and other 2nd. rate airlines!!!

Flybe has been around for quite some time, granted under another name, but they are hardly a "come and go" airline. It is a viable and fairly strong airline.
Quite unlike America West which you said had something to teach to FlyBe.

Why do they have to teach them? How to loose money? or how to survive by merging with an equally failing airline?

Perhaps you should stick to commenting about airlines you know?

[Edited 2005-08-21 17:44:59]
arpdesign.wordpress.com

CV990

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:50 am

Hey GARPR!

You must have a kinda of anger problem with those that don't agree with u! Look I'm 44 years old and before u were born I was already flying so u are not the kind of person I need to respect regarding flying or not certain airlines. I do know a lot of airlines that I flew ( and believe me there are quite a few..... ) and either u like or not my comment I'm going to emphasise again, FlyBE is an airline that I DON'T WANT TO KNOW about it!!!! That's it for me! It's my point and sorry if u don't like it. But u need to learn much more about airlines and flying in the future ok? Have u ever flew America West? No? If not just don't comment on that! Well se how goes first, FlyBE or America West!!!
Regards and it's ok with me if u don't like to bring pizza on board.... we live in a free world!

grimey

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:50 am

When will FR think of this, he can get his flight attendants to search you for snack size Mars bars at the gate and then try to sell them back to you for 3 euro each during the flight. I got kicked out of a taxi before because I had a Mc Donalds with me, ok it was three o'clock in the morning and I was drunk.

Grimey

garpd

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:59 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 32):
Hey GARPR!

You must have a kinda of anger problem with those that don't agree with u! Look I'm 44 years old and before u were born I was already flying so u are not the kind of person I need to respect regarding flying or not certain airlines. I do know a lot of airlines that I flew ( and believe me there are quite a few..... ) and either u like or not my comment I'm going to emphasise again, FlyBE is an airline that I DON'T WANT TO KNOW about it!!!! That's it for me! It's my point and sorry if u don't like it. But u need to learn much more about airlines and flying in the future ok? Have u ever flew America West? No? If not just don't comment on that! Well se how goes first, FlyBE or America West!!!
Regards and it's ok with me if u don't like to bring pizza on board.... we live in a free world!

You are entitled to you opinion, of course.

But when you start making comments that a financialy viable and strong airline needs to learn from an airline that has money problems and is the midths of merging with an airline that is no better off, you must be prepared to be challenged and explain your comments.

Now if your opinon is that FlyBe are not a very good airline, fair enough. A fairly closed minded opinion it is, considering you've never flown them, but an opinion all the same.

My comments on HP and US are based on factual data provided in endless threads here and news reports from CNN, ATWonline etc.
arpdesign.wordpress.com

jc2354

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:59 am

For me, it sounds more of an issue of responsibility. If you bring a coffee, cold drink or food on board and spill it on another passenger, who is responsible? This could be the disclaimer Flybe needs to avoid any legal responsibility. Whether the seatbelt sign is on/off, there are some people who don't fasten their belt inflight and are hurt in turbulence, even though there are many warnings to always stay buckled up. Anyhow, just my perception.

If they do, or were to, ban outside food, beverage, etc., what do they offer for people with special needs, e.g., diabetics?
If not now, then when?

CV990

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:01 am

Hi!

Here goes another for GARPD!!!! Last September I was flying from GVA to LIS with SWISS and at that time SWISS was still charging for food and there was a family that took out a platic bag with snacks and drinks and the F/A's passed by and they said NOTHING! Maybe America West is a 2nd. class airliner but SWISS????
Regards

gkirk

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:05 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 28):
Soon, as in 12 years, 7months. Not that I'm counting. Unless I win the lottery of course, when I shall enjoy being as nasty as I can to certain yoof's in these forums Big grin

So in the Isle of Man you retire when you are 100?  Wink
 duck 

CV990

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:11 am

Hi GARPD!

So what u know about HP and US are from facts? Look I know about those two airlines because I actually flew on them! And no one in this world is gonna tell me about an airline if they didn't have the chance to fly in them!
I flew US from YYZ/CLT, CLT/STL and STL/PHL and I flew HP FAT/PHX, YYZ-PHX and PHX/FAT ( the flight PHX/YYZ I flew with AC because my flight from FAT to YYZ was delayed and HP was good enough to book me in the next available flight..... ) and all I can say is that all my flights were good and the service was good. One thing I can tell u, in my HP flights the F/A's will come around and ask me if I wanted something else, even knowing that they could just offer me soda and cookies, but they were excelent people! So if u never tried any of these airlines how can u talk about them? That's a very narrow idea of an airline. Last May I flew from LIS to KIX via AMS with KL, and before that I saw a lot of bad wording about KL.... so let me tell u, I had a great fun with KL, just go to the trip reports and see my report on that trip on May and u'll see, so again we have people that talk about airlines and people that DO FLY those airlines!
And about beeing close minded? Well I flew in Gulf Air and RAM in the past... so u think I'm close minded???? Ok!
Regards

7LBAC111

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:13 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 29):
FlyBE is one of those airlines that come and go so fast that when they go u don't even pay attention to them!!!!

GARPD was correct then, clearly you do not know anything about flyBE.
FLYBE are:

One of Europe’s largest low cost airline
UK’s leading non-London centric airline
83% of Flybe’s flights are UK domestic compared to 22% easyJet and 7% Ryanair
In November 04, Flybe reported half yearly profits of £14 million
36 aircraft in Flybe fleet
Flybe are owned by the Walker Trust, as featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Rich List 2004

Here is my understanidng of their history. - They commenced operations as Jersey European back in 1979 and became British European as they expanded (in 2000)

As the era of the LCC arrived BE as they were then quickly realised they would have to compete or the likes of easyJet, AB Airlines, Debonair et al would suffocate them. And compete they did. And have seen off the challenges of many competitors while maintaining a safe and relaible airline.

The rebrand to FlyBE was not a particularly popuilar one in the UK at the time. Somehow though, BE made it work, and continued to offer the business traveller high frequency routes, in particular from BHD, BHX and JER while developing into more leisure orientated markets.

Flybe timeline
• 1979 - Airline founded as Jersey European
• 1983 - Airline taken over by the Walkersteel Group
• 1990 - Airline changed appearance with new livery and new uniforms
• 1991 - Jersey European gained its first London route from Guernsey to London Gatwick
• 1993 - Business Class Service was launched, making Jersey European the first domestic airline to offer two classes of service
• 1993/4 - Jersey European recognised as a major regional airline winning ‘Best UK Regional Airline’ award at Northern Ireland Travel and Tourism awards
• 1994 - Jet maintenance brought to Exeter
• 1995 - Launch of innovative ‘Ticket to Freedom’ frequent flyer scheme
• 1996 - First franchise routes in conjunction with Air France are launched from London Heathrow to Toulouse and Lyons
• 1999 - London City was established as a new base offering services to Dublin and Edinburgh
• 2000 - Jersey European becomes British European
• 2002 - British European becomes Flybe.
• 2003 - Flybe voted the ‘Most Recommended UK Low Fares Airline’ by Holiday Which? Magazine
• 2004 - Flybe breaks in to the French market with the launch of new sun and ski destination routes and announces record half-year profits of £14million
• 2005 - Flybe signs a deal with Bombardier Aerospace for 20 Q400-78’s

Quoting GARPD (Reply 31):
Perhaps you should stick to commenting about airlines you know?

Good advice! Well said!

7LBAC111
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

garpd

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:19 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 38):
Look I know about those two airlines because I actually flew on them! And no one in this world is gonna tell me about an airline if they didn't have the chance to fly in them!

But you feel its perfectly ok for you to tell us that FlyBe, and airline you admit to never having flown nor want to ever know, needs to learn a few things?

Your experience on HP and US is based upon you flying with them? So you can comment of the inflight services etc. But that does not qualify you to deny the fact that HP and US are financialy weak airlines and are merging in an attempt to create a stronger airline which many here still seem to think will fail.

You post hipocracy Sir.
arpdesign.wordpress.com

garpd

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:25 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 39):
Good advice! Well said!

Why thank you  Smile

[Edited 2005-08-21 18:26:01]
arpdesign.wordpress.com

skidmarks

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:28 am

Wow, a war about food on airlines! Is that like a food fight? Big grin Duck, here comes another ham roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirk, you despicable little tow rag, you are gonna be so dead when I find out where you live!  box  If you ever make it to 50 it will be a miracle!!

Andy  old 

ZSOFN

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:30 am

CV990, ever flown on flybe? I did a month ago, flew EXT-CDG for £2.90 + tax in the middle of summer, got allocated seating, friendly F/As, nice leather seats, flight on time. What more could you realistically want from an LCC?

I do think prohibiting people's own food & drink is ridiculous, however you'll probably find that there's no real problem doing so. F/As probably feel the same after all! Plus if it's not in the Terms & Conditions then you have no way of knowing until you board, by which time no-one can stop you eating your own food!

garpd

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:31 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 42):
Wow, a war about food on airlines! Is that like a food fight? Big grin Duck, here comes another ham roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not laughed so hard in a while!
arpdesign.wordpress.com

David L

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:44 am

Quoting Trident2e (Reply 30):
They have the absolute right to say what can and cannot be done on their property.

...within reason. Whether or not banning their customers from bringing their own food is within reason is what's open to debate. In my view, the fact that the food is not the reason people buy airline tickets is relevant. The thought of being forced to choose between going hungry or buying something I don't want to buy doesn't appeal to me and would be enough to make me choose another airline.

Quoting Aisak (Reply 20):
Would you enter Hard Rock Cafe with clothes bought in a Comercial Center?? They sell clothes in there, so if they just banned any piece of chotling not bought to them, that'd be ok, wouldn't it?

I agree. I'd be equally miffed if a football club banned spectators from bringing their own crisps or sandwiches.

As for the liability issue, if someone's pen puts ink all over someone else's clothes or pokes them in the eye, does the fact that the pen wasn't provided by the airline complicate the legal process?

Unless I can be convinced otherwise, I can't help suspecting that this is to encourage people to buy more food on board.

trident3

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:49 am

or its a legal nicety put in to keep the catering contractor happy!
"We are the warrior race-Tough men in the toughest sport." Brian Noble, Head Coach, Great Britain Rugby League.

ZSOFN

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:50 am

Quoting David L (Reply 45):
Unless I can be convinced otherwise, I can't help suspecting that this is to encourage people to buy more food on board

That's most definitely the case. Here's am equivalent: This summer I've been working for an insurance company (oh my gosh, SO dull!) and I often have my lunchbreaks in Starbucks. However I don't generally buy food there as I have sandwiches that my wife lovingly makes me  Smile So I just buy a coffee. The guys that work there have no problems with this at all as I'm still bringing my business there in general.

gladave

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:54 am

one of my friends was in that situation.

we were on a flight and she was thirsty, water was expensive (bout 1.50-2.00 a bottle), she buzzed the stewardess and said she felt a little faint....

they brung along a few bottles of water and hey presto, free drinks
:p
NO URLS in signature

ZSOFN

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:56 am

If they want the same exclusivity rights as an eating establishment, then at least they'd be obliged to offer tap water on request! Could be tricky...