rominato

Western Airlines/PSA/Eastern Questions

Fri May 05, 2000 6:40 am

Does Delta still own the name and logo rights to Western Airlines? How about the name of Eastern Airlines? Who has that? Those are two names that I would love to see back flying around the skies.

What ever happened to that 737 that was supposedly flying around LAX in PSA colors last December?

jim

RE: Western Airlines/PSA/Eastern Questions

Fri May 05, 2000 9:30 am

As I understand it, Delta does own everything dealing with WAL. They certainly do claim its history and have incorporated its past into 'the Delta story'

I would think that Texas Air probably owns the Eastern name, unless Lorenzo was able to transfer it to Continental...

Jim

exnonrev

RE: Eastern

Fri May 05, 2000 9:38 am

Eastern's name and logo are the property of the Estate of Eastern Air Lines Inc. They still maintain offices and a small staff in Miami to oversee pension and legal matters. Most of the staff are the last remaining employees of EAL.

My father-in-law worked for EAL for 24 years (proudly wears his Hat In The Ring pin to church every Sunday) and periodically gets mailings from the EAL Estate.

tcttx

RE: Western Airlines/PSA/Eastern Questions

Fri May 05, 2000 11:12 am

I have to disagree. As much as the old airlines are memorable, I don't think that the names of old airlines should be reused, ever. It's a shame that the Braniff name had 2 reincarnations, and now the same with PanAm. The name especially should not be reused when the new company has nothing whatsoever to do with the original company, except that they bought the name.

Let sleeping dogs lie.