Skyspotter
Topic Author

Ticket Airbus "familyday"

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:49 pm

Hello,

where i can get a ticket for the airbus "familyday" at August 27th in XFW?
Who now it?

skyspotter

eham

RE: Ticket Airbus "familyday"

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:20 pm

I work for Airbus here in Hamburg, maybe you can have mine.
I will not gonna make it to the family day this year.

Keep ya informed.....

PositiveClimb

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:23 pm

Hi skyspotter,

I'm afraid there is no way to get a ticket for the family day as it is 'employees only'.
A fellow student at the university (I'm studying at the Technical University Hamburg-Harburg) who was an apprentice at Airbus before told me that even he, as an 'ex-employee' won't get any tickets. But his family would get some, as they are living in Finkenwerder near XFW, and Airbus obviously tries to be 'a good neighbour' by inviting all the adjacent owners around to this family day...

Sorry for this info, but hey, what about going to the dike in front of XFW!? Should be an interesting view, especially if the rumours are true and they are bringing the A380 to XFW  goodvibes ... (if not there is at least the fly-in of an A330 and an A340 the rumour mill says!)
I will be there to take a few  camera , would be great to see you there! Big grin

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb
A380 - love at first flight!

eham

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:25 pm

Hee Fabian...you seem to work close to my place, I'm in Harburg as well  Smile

PositiveClimb

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:29 pm

Hi EHAM,

so, you are working for Airbus in Hamburg  thumbsup ?!
So... Maybe you can shed some light on the rumours??? What to expect for us spotters? Is it true that the A380 will come here  pray ??? Do you know something about the possible A330 and A340 show-up???

Any info is GREATLY appreciated Big grin

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb

PositiveClimb

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:38 pm

@ EHAM,

yes, as I said I'm studying mechanical engineering at the TUHH, with focus on aircraft systems. This research section is not located in Harburg directly, but 'outsourced' to Finkenwerder (to the Technology Center Hamburg-Finkenwerder - THF precisely - which the University shares with Airbus as far as I know). So, after a hard day of studying I always enjoy to take the short walk and enter the dike to get a nose of Jet-A... Big grin

Best Regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb

eham

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:49 pm

Well, the latest info I have is that the A380 will NOT join the family-day festivities @ XFW coming Saturday.

An Airbus A340-600 will be present alongside an A330 (-200 or -300) incoming from Toulouse.

Beluga will be present as well  Smile

But remember...Airbus plans change day by day.

PositiveClimb

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:58 pm

@ EHAM
Thanks for the info!

So probably no A380... But the A340-600 will be quite a sight, too!
Well, even the Beluga - although really impressive to see for the first time - gets a little boring if you see him every day  duck (I know we are lucky at XFW Big grin)...
Is there any chance you have some information about the time the A330 and 340 are scheduled to arrive (and eventually to depart)?

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb

eham

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:01 pm

Well, I can ask a few guys for more info, but don't expect to much.

PositiveClimb

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:02 pm

@ EHAM
Ah, okay, thanks anyway!

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb

eham

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:50 pm

OK, here you go...

(In German) from the Airbus Intranet this morning:

Familientag in Hamburg
Klasse! Die A380 kommt nun doch!

Das Testflugprogramm für das jüngste und größte Mitglied der Airbus-Familie ist eng gestrickt und äußerst ehrgeizig. Aber wenn es am kommenden Sonnabend, 27. August, in Finkenwerder heißt "Airbus-Familien treffen sich", dann will auch die A380 nicht fehlen.

So kommt er nun also doch, unser ganz großer Airbus, um aus der Luft die Besucherinnen und Besucher des Familientages zu grüßen. Mit dem Überflug wird gegen 15 Uhr gerechnet. Einen Aufenthalt am Boden lässt der Terminplan allerdings nicht zu. Die A380 muss arbeiten, denn unsere Kunden freuen sich schon auf sie!
()

For the non-German readers among us, the Airbus A380 can be seen at Hamburg Finkenwerder (XFW) this coming Saturday during the Airbus family-day! It will do some flyby's around 3.00PM Saturday afternoon local time.

Enjoy!

Aggieflyboi04

Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:57 pm

Quoting EHAM (Reply 10):
Familientag in Hamburg
Klasse! Die A380 kommt nun doch!

Das Testflugprogramm für das jüngste und größte Mitglied der Airbus-Familie ist eng gestrickt und äußerst ehrgeizig. Aber wenn es am kommenden Sonnabend, 27. August, in Finkenwerder heißt "Airbus-Familien treffen sich", dann will auch die A380 nicht fehlen.

So kommt er nun also doch, unser ganz großer Airbus, um aus der Luft die Besucherinnen und Besucher des Familientages zu grüßen. Mit dem Überflug wird gegen 15 Uhr gerechnet. Einen Aufenthalt am Boden lässt der Terminplan allerdings nicht zu. Die A380 muss arbeiten, denn unsere Kunden freuen sich schon auf sie!
()

I got bored so i translated it to english

Family day in Hamburg class! The A380 comes now nevertheless! The test flight program for the youngest and largest member of the Airbus Family is closely knitted and extremely ambitious. But if it is called on coming Saturday, 27 August, in Finkenwerder "Airbus Family meets", then also the A380 does not want to be missing. Thus he comes now thus nevertheless, our completely large airbus, in order to greet from air the visitors and visitors of the family daily. On the overflight/flyover against 15 o'clock is counted. The time schedule does not permit a stay at the soil however. The A380 must work, because our customers look forward already to her!

PositiveClimb

Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi EHAM!

These are some good news! Thank you very much for the information!
So I just have to hope for some not-so-horrible weather on saturday  Wink...

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb