david_mx

Tupolev 334

Fri May 05, 2000 11:01 pm

How reliable are the new russian airliners? I'm surprised about the look of the TU-204 and TU-334... I would like to know what you think about these aircraft...

Regards
David.

Amir

RE: Tupolev 334

Fri May 05, 2000 11:14 pm

to make a long story short, i think that russian planes especially the new generation like TU204, TU334..etc. are not less reliable than their 'western' counterparts. The point is that they simply have a bad (in my opinion unjustified) reputation and image.

Most people tend to make statistics about crashes and fatal accidents regarding russian planes. Only in very few cases it was proved that same was related to a product failure. In most casses it is lousy maintainance and crucial pilot training that has caused many of the crashes and this can eventually bring a boeing or airbus in trouble too!

well this is my personal opinion.

rgds
Amir