CKT789
Topic Author

Infratil Buys Manston

Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4183022.stm

Looks as though they will be concentrating on the cargo side but with their ownership of Prestwick, could we see FR maybe arrive at the airport with flights to Dublin?

Jamie.

leisurejet

RE: Infratil Buys Manston

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:55 am

I agree with regards to Ryanair, as somehow I think that perhaps Infratil could use their very good relationship with them (as they have at Glasgow-Prestwick in Scotland and was to be at Lübeck Airport in Germany, if things had gone ahead, too) to have at least some presence there from them at London Manston (Kent International) Airport too...

But I would also hazard a guess that Ryanair, may use the fact of this relationship, as a possible bargaining tool with the BAA at London Stansted Airport and to a lesser extent with ACDL from London Luton Airport, as they know they have an "alternative airport" (suited to Ryanair needs) to take all their London flights to if need be...

Now, wouldn't that be something for Michael O'Leary to do and get his name in and all the publicity in "the papers" for Ryanair yet again !!!

Vasu

RE: Infratil Buys Manston

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:16 am

One thing I'd be worried about is how FR would actually fill its 737-800s... when EUJ couldn't fill its f100s... Maybe more aggressive advertising? A name change back to "London Manston"?

I always thought that package holidays were the best option for MSE, so people booking holidays would be "told" that their flight was from Manston, leaving them little choice but to go there!