nealcg

LCCs Seem To Be Getting A Bad Rap Today...

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:49 am

I am usually content with lurking around this board, amusing myself on the latest AvB war, without feeling the overwhelming sense of needing to contribute.

However on a few of topics today, mostly having to do with the gripes about British Charter Carriers, the decrease in on-board services on American domestic carriers, or seatpitch requirements... Invariably comments like "if you think 29' pitch is bad you should see American LCCs" or "I can't believe people are rewarding LCCs with profitability because they pack them in like sardines"

Not wanting to get in a flaming war but if you look at the two big American LCC's, WN and JetBlue, their economy product matches or even exceeds the legacies' product. "Sardines?" Both JetBlue and WN offer 32" and 33" pitch respectively and serve the typical extras as far as snacks and sodas are concerned. JetBlue even has a pretty good IFE. So other than the "cattle car" boarding process at WN what generates all of this negative perception of American LCCs as being Low Class.

Myself I think it is a bucket of S**T.
REMEMBER...NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO...THERE YOU ARE !!

N908AW

RE: LCCs Seem To Be Getting A Bad Rap Today...

Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:10 am

Quoting Nealcg (Thread starter):
if you think 29' pitch is bad you should see American LCC

29" would seem like first class on Champion.  crazy 
'Cause you're on ATA again, and on ATA, you're on vacation!

HPRamper

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:35 am

Putting jetBlue ahead of HP? They might make more money but I wouldn't call them "bigger."

b6sea

Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:40 am

Unfortunately, In today's market it is true that the LCCs are better (as far as seat pitch) than the legacies. What is cool is that some of them are actually improving on the base product and offering PTVs, Sattelite radio, games, etc. a la Airtran Jetblue frontier and song... so i pose this question: why dont airlines like these three (with emphasis on B6 and F9) launch a first class product and become the lagacies of the future? (yes, I know that airtran has a business product.)