rjpieces

Question About United Checked Baggage Policy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:30 am

I'm flying JFK-IAD on United soon. I'm bringing a whole lot of stuff with me in two large bags. One of them is just a large suitcase packed with as much clothes as it would hold. The other bag is an inflatable duffle bag on wheels. When full, the duffle expands in volume quite a lot. Basically, we packed it today and it weighs 45 pounds but is larger than the 62 inches that United says is the maximum size on their website.

So my question is what will happen when i check-in? Will they charge me a fee for the large bag (even though it's not overweight), or will they not let me check-it in at all? Or will it not be a problem?

Also, the JFK-IAD flight is on a Regional Jet. Not sure if that factors in...

Any help is appreciated.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

jetBlue

RE: Question About United Checked Baggage Policy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:52 am

United charges $80 when the bag is oversized, regardless whether or not it's overweight. Oversize AND overweight would be the $80 plus $25, totalling $105.

jetBlue
We know for you it's not just a seat on a flight to a place. It's a seat on a flight to your life.

Venezuela747

RE: Question About United Checked Baggage Policy

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:03 am

How much larger than 62 inches is it? It seems as though most check in agents are concerned about eight rather than size, I have never seen one of them pull out a ruler lol
ROLL TIDE!!!