apodino

Article On LCC's In Better Shape Than Legacies

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:08 am

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2002/0830.htm

I found this article to be a very good read and it basically says what I have been saying for years. Legacies think they can screw passengers to make the profit, and its doing more harm than good. What does everyone else think?

Lt-AWACS

RE: Article On LCC's In Better Shape Than Legacies

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:17 am

Well, the article is a bit outdated (though it does note a Feb 05 "update"), but it has some good and what I consider bad points:
-Mainly not relating domestic versus int'l travel.

I don't have a problem with LCCs, per se, but when I need to get from Houston to London, and Houston to Belize City, and Houston to Edmonton (all three I fly often) LCCs don't cut it, but amazinly CO does. And I've never had problems; I also always get a full can of soda.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,
Capt-AWACS, Shawarmas for all my friends
Io voglio fica ogni giorni da mia bella moglie!

grrtvc

RE: Article On LCC's In Better Shape Than Legacies

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:54 am

I have to agree that this article raises some good points. The legacy carriers do have rather complex fare structures that probably have caused some of the problem.

The one thing I did not see this article address is labor and fuel costs. The legacy carriers generally have to deal with high labor costs. Its just natural that the longer you are in business the greater the costs are going to become. Fuel is something no one has control of but everyone has to deal with.

The LCC's (which I'm still waiting for someone to give me a clear definition of what an LCC is) have lower labor costs. FL and B6 are new the industry in comparison to the rest.

Ahhh just my two cents.

GRRTVC

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos