viasa

VIP Also In Avianca Cs

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:40 am

The new colors of Avianca is now also attached on one of the Dornier 328 of VIP (Ecuador).

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=378903

It looks like that all airline of the Synergy Aerospace (Avianca, OceanAir, SAM Colombia, VIP and Wayraperu) introduce this colors on the planes.

EddieDude

RE: VIP Also In Avianca Cs

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:00 am

Really interesting. Thanks for the link Martial. I wonder if there are pics of OceanAir and Wayra Peru planes sporting this AV-like livery.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

RCS763AV

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:46 am

Very interesting! I was thinking about that since they should all be recognized as one group, like LAN and TACA. Cool! I want to see the Wayra and Oceanair aircraft now!

tavong

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:39 am

Looks grea in that Colors...

Gus
SKBO
Just put me on any modern airliner and i will be happy, give me more star alliance miles and i will be a lot more happy.

Avianca

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:45 am

could image also some D328 for AV in future.... think it would be fit in for some new routes in the AV system... for example Pasto-Medellin, Medellin-Cucuta... etc etc etc.

regards

btw, the colors looks great on the D328.
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

RICARIZA

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:00 am

This was a complete surprise, a good one too. Thanks for that information and link, it looks great.

Quoting Avianca (Reply 4):
could image also some D328 for AV in future.... think it would be fit in for some new routes in the AV system... for example Pasto-Medellin, Medellin-Cucuta... etc etc etc.

I agree, Satena has been very successful with theirs.
I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

RICARIZA

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:06 am

Well, the website still has the old colors:

Avianca

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:08 am

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 5):
I agree, Satena has been very successful with theirs.

absolutly, there are tons of routes that Avianca could use the D328, many routes from the coast city for example from BAQ and CTG...

RICARIZA

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:32 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 7):
many routes from the coast city for example from BAQ and CTG...

Also RCH and VUP...

Avianca

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:39 am

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 8):
Also RCH and VUP

oh yes, for example to MDE and CLO

Southamerica

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:42 am

Quoting Tavong (Reply 3):

You chose the worst examples. One thing is your opinion about the Do328s for AV which I respect, but a completely different story are those two routes which AV is anything but interested in opening.

Forget about MDE-PSO. The Pasto diaspora in Medellin is incredibly small, there is simply no market for it. Right now people interested in going to Pasto from Medellin can easily make MDE-CLO and connect fast with AV's CLO-PSO service.

MDE-CUC is another story. AV flew it for years, and it finally got dropped. CUC is now being operated directly from EOH, and AV is definitely not interested in re-opening its former EOH base, it already failed twice in the past. Aires flies EOH-CUC currently.

Also RCH and VUP...

Quoting Avianca (Reply 9):
oh yes, for example to MDE and CLO

What? Man, really, there are other routes that more desperately need a nonstop service.

For example, CLO has been crying for a decent service to the northern coast for years, not only does Cali barely get 1 daily flight to Cartagena, but they haven't seen a nonstop to Santa Marta for years ! Cali also deserves at least 1 daily nonstop flight to Barranquilla, which they currently do not have. In front of those, CLO-VUP or MDE-RCH seem ridiculous.

SOUTHAMERICA

tavong

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:23 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 4):
could image also some D328 for AV in future.... think it would be fit in for some new routes in the AV system... for example Pasto-Medellin, Medellin-Cucuta... etc etc etc

Alongside the Routes it would operate (a also agree that MDE-PSO would be plan useless for AV) i also don't think that AV would bring here the Do328 unless is extremely necessarry, you already know that the Fokker50 fleet will be leaving when the F-100 arrives excepting for the Manizales routes so why bring a Do328?

Don't get me wrong i love the plane it's an excellent performer but for AV routes in Colombia they will not work, unfortunately The only Do328 we will see here is the Satena's ones.

Gus
SKBO
Just put me on any modern airliner and i will be happy, give me more star alliance miles and i will be a lot more happy.

Arcano

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:54 pm

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 2):
Very interesting! I was thinking about that since they should all be recognized as one group, like LAN and TACA. Cool! I want to see the Wayra and Oceanair aircraft now!

So now that AV does it is cool, but when LAN did it was sort of "invasive"...

One more time LAN shows how advanced is for runing business... very smart move for Avianca and sinergy group!

Regards )(
in order: 721,146,732,763,722,343,733,320,772,319,752,321,88,83,744,332,100,738, 333, 318, 77W, 78, 773, 380, 73G, 788, 789, 346

RICARIZA

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:19 am

Quoting SOUTHAMERICA (Reply 10):
CLO-VUP or MDE-RCH seem ridiculous.

RCH is getting more and more tourism every day and its only dayly flight is shared with VUP. I am sure there is more space there. RCH used to have daily AV and daily Inter without problem. I heard P5 is evaluating RCH.

Quoting Arcano (Reply 12):

One more time LAN shows how advanced is for runing business... very smart move for Avianca and sinergy group!

VIP is still VIP, not Avianca Ecuador..

Southamerica

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:40 am

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 13):
RCH is getting more and more tourism every day and its only dayly flight is shared with VUP. I am sure there is more space there. RCH used to have daily AV and daily Inter without problem. I heard P5 is evaluating RCH.

There probably is more space, but it's all going to BOG, never to MDE nor to CLO.

AV already struggles to fill its unique daily flight to RCH off-season, it's actually VUP the one moving the wealthy passengers and higher-yielding travelers; that's why they combine it in one route. RCH's loads/yields are not bad, but never comparable to those of VUP.

As I said before, MDE, before getting flights to RCH would get more capacity to SMR or BAQ for example; only one daily F-50 flight for the MDE-SMR route is plain ridiculous.

West Caribbean Airways operated MDE-VUP service at one point in the late-90s, but the flights got cancelled almost instantly due to poor performance. No wonder, there are nearly zero ties between Medellin and Valledupar.

CLO, as well, before seeing VUP or RCH, would see a decent service to CTG/BAQ/SMR. CLO currently lacks of nonstops to BAQ and SMR.

SOUTHAMERICA

RCS763AV

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:17 am

Also RCH and VUP...

Quoting Avianca (Reply 7):
absolutly, there are tons of routes that Avianca could use the D328, many routes from the coast city for example from BAQ and CTG...

I agree with Soutamerica, please!

Quoting Arcano (Reply 12):

VIP is still VIP. NOT LAN (in the case AV) we want to rip your country off-something.

Thank you!

Arcano

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:58 am

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 15):
VIP is still VIP. NOT LAN (in the case AV) we want to rip your country off-something.

This site is about airlines, why do you type about countries? for that, I recommend Non Aviation, I'd be glad to show you my fantastic country.

Quoting SOUTHAMERICA (Reply 14):
As I said before, MDE, before getting flights
to RCH would get more capacity to SMR or BAQ for example; only one daily F-50 flight for the MDE-SMR route is plain ridiculous.

Why is that? it's a matter of market size or lack of offer or something?

Technically... not facts...
in order: 721,146,732,763,722,343,733,320,772,319,752,321,88,83,744,332,100,738, 333, 318, 77W, 78, 773, 380, 73G, 788, 789, 346

Southamerica

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:14 pm

Quoting Arcano (Reply 16):
Why is that? it's a matter of market size or lack of offer or something?

Yes, basically limited offer against very high-demand, which make yields boost incredibly. Most of AV's focused-routes out of MDE have long-outdone the offer provided by the company, both in cargo and in passengers, especially the Barranquilla and Santa Marta flights, and that is no secret.

AV offers 3 daily MD-83 flights between Bogota and Santa Marta, yet only one Fokker-50 flight [two in high-season] from Medellin to the same city. AV registers nearly 90% of load in low-season in the MDE-SMR route, and try booking a flight for high-season, I'd rather try finding a needle in a heystack ! AV is well-aware of this situation, but until extra aircraft arrive, the flights will have to stay as they are; it is the company's priority to consolidate the hub in BOG after all, and MDE is just a separate independent station.

Fortunately, the Fokker-100s are on their way, and hopefully AV will deploy several to be based in MDE.

SOUTHAMERICA

Arcano

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:34 pm

Quoting SOUTHAMERICA (Reply 17):
Yes, basically limited offer against very high-demand, which make yields boost incredibly. Most of AV's focused-routes out of MDE have long-outdone the offer provided by the company, both in cargo and in passengers, especially the Barranquilla and Santa Marta flights, and that is no secret.

And what's the limitation of adding more seats/flights? AV or any other just lack the capacity?

Regards)(

Southamerica

Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:07 pm

Quoting Arcano (Reply 18):
And what's the limitation of adding more seats/flights? AV or any other just lack the capacity?

Yes Jorge, in the bottom, it's due to aircraft shortage...

...And not only are these type of domestic projects on hold, there are several interesting ideas for the international operation which cannot take place because, again, of very tight aircraft utilisation.

The recent addition of another MD-83 just helped to free up a bit the domestic operation out of BOG, but the vast majority of international routes require 757/767 equipment. Even the few MD-83 international flights as BAQ-MIA or BOG-PTY cry for larger equipment-more capacity.

SOUTHAMERICA

av757

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:58 pm

AV just started yesterday to operate on a daily basis BOG-UIO-LIM-UIO-BOG with MD-83's.

AV757

luisca

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:55 pm

I heard a rumor that Aerorepublica's planes are gonna start being painted with the same Copa (continentalish) livery, can anyone in Colombia confirm. Im kinda out of the environment now that I'm not living in Panama
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

RICARIZA

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:00 am

Quoting Arcano (Reply 16):
Technically... not facts...

Nice way of replaying saying nothing..  scratchchin 

miamix707

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:07 am

Hah can this get any more boring? As if LAN & TACA wasn't enough now also Avianca is slapping those euro-boring colors on everything. Wayra, VIP, SAM, OceanAir??

Quoting Luisca (Reply 21):
I heard a rumor that Aerorepublica's planes are gonna start being painted with the same Copa (continentalish) livery, can anyone in Colombia confirm. Im kinda out of the environment now that I'm not living in Panama

No please! Not that ugly and super boring Continental scheme haha < yawn > how boring has Latin American aviation gotten!  zzz 

legacy135

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:55 am

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 23):
Hah can this get any more boring? As if LAN & TACA wasn't enough now also Avianca is slapping those euro-boring colors on everything. Wayra, VIP, SAM, OceanAir??

Not that bad if the colors are as beautiful as Avianca shows them to us. I actually would love to see more aircrafts in this nice look. It also is normal to show its corporate identity.

No please! Not that ugly and super boring Continental scheme haha < yawn > how boring has Latin American aviation gotten!

In this case I would prefer as well if P5 keeps it's colors, even though COPA probably would like to have them in its look.

RICARIZA

Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:08 am

Avianca is slapping those euro-boring colors

What are you talking about?. Avianca's livery is very nice and one of the most colorful in Latin America.

tavong

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:53 am

i don't get how AV's or LAN's colors fits in the "eurowhite" schemes.....

Gus
SKBO

RICARIZA

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:16 am

Quoting Tavong (Reply 26):

Gus
SKBO

Exactly!..

PPVRA

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:02 pm

One of us must be colorblind:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Paulo Herren - Jumpseat Team
View Large View Medium

Photo © Iata Anderson B. Alves - SBMO spotter

View Large View Medium

Photo © Normando Carvalho Jr.
View Large View Medium

Photo © Bernardo Andrade

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bruno David
View Large View Medium

Photo © Carlos A. Morillo Doria

View Large View Medium

Photo © Stephan Klos Pugatch
View Large View Medium

Photo © Herson Mendes - SBRF Spotter

View Large View Medium

Photo © Marcos Oliveira
View Large View Medium

Photo © Stephan Klos Pugatch

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bernardo Andrade

[Edited 2005-09-03 05:11:49]
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

miamix707

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:57 pm

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 25):
What are you talking about?. Avianca's livery is very nice and one of the most colorful in Latin America.

It's nice yes, that's about it. Not great and doesn't really look very Colombian or has any tropical. exotic (or most imporant, an elegant design like the old red Avianca did). Take that Avianca name off and it looks like any European charter airline. It's nice, but doesn't mean I want to see all airlines adopting that scheme now.. do I make sense or do I sound too adult for you?

Quoting Tavong (Reply 26):

Maybe not Avianca, although the fuselage is mostly white except for the top front. LANs looks nice as well, but it's also mostly white except the rear. If all the other airlines in the region had their own, non whitish liveries that'd be interesting. But it just happens AV and LAN are the very few good liveries out there in Latin America, and they aren't even too exciting.. on top of that every subsidiary they have has to adopt the same whitish colors.. Too damn boring if you ask me. ..not that you did, I still wanted to say it Big grin

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 28):
One of us must be colorblind:

That's beautiful I love the Ocean Air planes in their OWN look. No, I'm not color blind dude, but according to a post above, this airline from your country will also adopt AVs colorscheme eventually. It woudlnt be surprising since Eframovich. sp? owns Ocean Air.. right?? Ok then..

Southamerica

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:25 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 29):
But it just happens AV and LAN are the very few good liveries out there in Latin America

How condescending of you Mario. Where did you leave old times of real good taste in where only cheatlines were accepted in your book man? This proves that even doctors get sick once in a while...  Wink

SOUTHAMERICA

av757

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:39 pm

Both the Avianca and Lan liveries where designed by the same company, Future Brands.

AV757

Southamerica

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:46 am

Quoting AV757 (Reply 31):
Both the Avianca and Lan liveries where designed by the same company, Future Brands.

Not to be picky captain, but it's actually FutureBrand, together and in singular.

SOUTHAMERICA

RICARIZA

Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:01 am

It's nice yes, that's about it. Not great and doesn't really look very Colombian or has any tropical. exotic (or most imporant, an elegant design like the old red Avianca did). Take that Avianca name off and it looks like any European charter airline. It's nice, but doesn't mean I want to see all airlines adopting that scheme now.. do I make sense or do I sound too adult for you?

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but I think AV's new livery looks more Colombian now than it did with the old one. Now it has the "Condor" with yellow and blue colors around the A.
Why do you want AV's to have a "tropical" look? If you knew better, Colombia is a lot more than tropical, and besides, the point is to have a continental airline with a more contemporary design. Do I make sense or do I sound too forward to you?

But it just happens AV and LAN are the very few good liveries out there in Latin America

??? Make up your mind - as the adult that you are-  Wink

Yes, and I think LAN's livery is awesome too.

viasa

Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:20 am

Other news about Synergy Aerospace are, that they take over six former Jetsgo MD-83 - one is for AV (53463/2089, N160BS), and the other five are not yet decided or communicated.

miamix707

Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:53 am

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 33):
Now it has the "Condor" with yellow and blue colors around the A.

Right, like you would know that's a condor if they hadn't told you..   

Why do you want AV's to have a "tropical" look? If you knew better, Colombia is a lot more than tropical, and besides,

Oh im sorry! I should have known it wasn't all tropical b/c of some parts eg: Bogota, are located in high altitudes, still mostly tropical man. I guess I should have been more specific since I don't strive for perfection in a nerdy kind of way on a.net. My sincere apologies.

Do I make sense or do I sound too forward to you?

You blindly applaud boring stuff just because the masses say so and I like originality  Wink I just don't think this livery gives any clue as to the country it belongs to, that's all. I do like the choice of colors, not the pattern on the sheme, don't be offended. Stay cool..  

[Edited 2005-09-03 20:10:51]

miamix707

Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:07 am

Quoting SOUTHAMERICA (Reply 30):
How condescending of you Mario. Where did you leave old times of real good taste in where only cheatlines were accepted in your book man?

Dimelooo Fede! Trust me, i'm still old school all the way regarding cheatlines, windowlines and everything in between!

But as far as the new schemes around nowadays, among the lat. am. flag carriers those 2 are the better ones compared to A. Argentinas, Mexicana, etc which went for the "we just don't give a damn" look  Wink

av757

Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:16 am

N160BS is in TUS being serviced and painted in the new AV livery, It should be ferried to BOG sometime next weekend. The other MD-83 is N161BS which is also being readied for operation and delivery to AV later this month.

N160BS

c/n 53463
l/n 2089
DC-9-83/MD-83

First flight date 01/07/1994
27/10/1994 AOM French Airlines F-GGMF
01/10/2001 Air Lib F-GGMF ceased operations 06/02/03
26/07/2003 Jetsgo C-FKLT ceased operations 11/03/05

N161BS

c/n 53464
l/n 2091
DC-9-83/MD-83
First flight date 01/08/1994

27/10/1994 AOM French Airlines F-GRMG
01/10/2001 Air Lib F-GRMG ceased operations 06/02/03
16/07/2003 Jetsgo C-FKLO ceased operations 11/03/05

Regards:
AV757

RICARIZA

Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:35 am

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 35):

True, call it "Condor" or a big "X" but my point is still the same, it looks more Colombian now than before.

Oh im sorry! I should have known it wasn't all tropical b/c of some parts eg: Bogota, are located in high altitudes, still mostly tropical man

What?  scared  Those "some parts" are about 45% of the total territory. Besides, the eastern part of the country is a vast lowland, a huge open savannah.

You sound like your "not too bright" since your arguing with me b/cause you blindly applaud boring stuff just because the masses say so and I like originality.

Not at all, it is just my opinion and not a way to go along with "the masses". In Marketing, originality is not always the brightest way to go.

don't be offended. Stay cool

Ditto  Wink

RICARIZA

Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:41 am

AV757
Any news about the future of SAM?

757MDE

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:03 am

I love AV's new scheme but I wouldn't like it to be painted on all the Synergy Group's Airlines. I'd prefer some sort of Synergy Group logo on all planes like Air France - KLM are doing.

Quoting Luisca (Reply 21):

I haven't heard anything about it, saw some AeroRepública operations today and the planes had the usual yellow, blue and white scheme.
That's something I wouldn't like either.

On a side note:
They're doing some works at MDE, the road signals are being changed and so are the signals located in the entrances (where all the Airlines logos were), now it says "National flights check in" and "International flights check in". They also added some maps.
I think's thats a detail long time overdue, at least they're putting it now!.
Now I hope they change the flights advisor system, it doesn't show some flights and airlines!.
Quisiera volveraamartevolveraquerertevolveratenertecerrrrcaademígirl! Mis ojos lloran porrr ti...

RCS763AV

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:46 am

Yea, it looks like a bird at least.

Oh im sorry! I should have known it wasn't all tropical b/c of some parts eg: Bogota, are located in high altitudes, still mostly tropical man. I guess I should have been more specific since I don't strive for perfection in a nerdy kind of way on a.net. My sincere apologies.

Ummmm.....the tropical part of the territory is just like 15%....

Southamerica

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:58 am

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 41):

Colombia's territory is entirely, 100% tropical. Everything is well-within Cancer and Capricorn, and the vast majority of the terrain is low-land.

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 38):
What? Those "some parts" are about 45% of the total territory.

Only one of Colombia's six regions has a considerable amount of terrain above 1000 meters.

The Amazonía and Orinoquía regions, which alone represent more than of the national territory, are located almost entirely below 1000 meters.

Another completely different story is where people are gathered; the inmense majority of the population [some venture to say 80%] lives in the Andine Region alone.

SOUTHAMERICA

RCS763AV

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:02 pm

Quoting SOUTHAMERICA (Reply 42):
Colombia's territory is entirely, 100% tropical. Everything is well-within Cancer and Capricorn, and the vast majority of the terrain is low-land.

Yes, we all know that since 3rd grade, but you cant say Pasto is a tropical (in the culture-way) city or Medellin is always full of Carnivals and Salsa all day long......

The Amazonía and Orinoquía regions, which alone represent more than of the national territory, are located almost entirely below 1000 meters.

Yes but the culture there is not a tropical one.

MATURRO727

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:28 pm

RCS763AV

HAHA, dude are you sure that you know Colombia is 100% tropical since 3rd grade ???

Sure is 3rd grade? you might want to reconsider that again, i think that's barely new for you.

LOL! you know what i mean.

BTW, AV colors are extremely beautiful !!! and in my opinion i would like only AV to have this colors b/c its AV identity, not VIP or Ocean Air etc

MATURRO727

Regards

av757

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:48 am

Reply 39

"AV757
Any news about the future of SAM?"

So far it seems that SAM will only operate all 10 Fokker 100's within Colombia,
the MD-83's and the Fokker 50's will be returned to and operated only by Avianca.

The first two Fokker 100's should be delivered and operating in December according to a company publication.

AV757

Summa767

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:55 am

Quoting AV757 (Reply 45):
The first two Fokker 100's should be delivered and operating in December according to a company publication.

About the F100s, Synergy has made a further purchase of $4.4m from Global Airworks to provide 20 of these with IFE. It will consist of 6 retractable LCD screens, and digital audio (16 channels) and video server with high memory (60 movies capacity).
I am not sure why only 20 out of the F100s are being kitted out, nor do I know if any of those will be going to SAM.

Arcano

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:15 pm

I had no idea... thanks for the tip. After all, they do look somehow similar. As Miami said, both of them are fine, but compared to the 90s LAN livery... kind of boring. RG is one of the betters for me as well

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 43):
Yes but the culture there is not a tropical one

And to be tropical is offensive? And would Colombia/Mexico/Panama/Venezuela/Cuba or other be "better countries" if we don't call them "tropical"? does it change their culture?
 crazy 

RICARIZA

Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:50 am

Yes, but Colombia is not 100% tropical (culture-wise).

Only one of Colombia's six regions has a considerable amount of terrain above 1000 meters.

Yes, but same reason, culture-wise, Colombia is tropical only in the north coast and San Andres archipelago. The Andes mid section is about 45% of the country which is non-tropical culture.

but you cant say Pasto is a tropical (in the culture-way) city or Medellin is always full of Carnivals and Salsa all day long......

Exactly!

Yes but the culture there is not a tropical one

Ditto.

Quoting Arcano (Reply 47):
And to be tropical is offensive? And would Colombia/Mexico/Panama/Venezuela/Cuba or other be "better countries" if we don't call them "tropical"? does it change their culture?

Not at all, heck I am from the north coast (tropical) and most of the Colombian personalities well known around the world are from this part (Carlos Vives, Shakira, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, "El Pibe" Valderrama, Silvia Tcherassi, Sofia Vergara, etc.) it is just the fact that we can't say that Colombia has mainly a tropical culture or be consider a tropical country (not climate wise). Bogota, Medellin or Cali are not tropical at all just to make an example.

[Edited 2005-09-10 18:53:52]

miamix707

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:46 am

Yea, it looks like a bird at least.

I thought it was one of those 3M adhesive scotch tapes when I first saw it.

Wow.. tremendo peo mental. I know your only like 13 and nothing wrong with that, but if you don't have a clue of what your saying resist the urge to type. Did you pay attention in geography class? The answer is obviously  no 

Quoting RICARIZA (Reply 38):
What? [stupid face] Those "some parts" are about 45% of the total territory. Besides, the eastern part of the country is a vast lowland, a huge open savannah.

You too are in the same boat as RCS. So a savannah cannot be tropical? Both of you sound more like U.S. high school kids who don't know nothing about nothing. That's what listening to rap (or to Juanes, which is just as bad) all day does to your brains.

I just think it'd be so much more exciting if most of the airlines in the Americas had a visual identity that was as colorful and varied as the region's cultures.

Maybe it's just me but I'd like to see SAM get its own "green" livery once again. I guess that probably won't happen. I'd be happy to see this

View Large View Medium

Photo © The3Spotters

oh yes..

View Large View Medium

Photo © AirNikon