prosa

New York Times Blooper

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:21 am

Found in an article about Istanbul's arts scene, in today's Travel section:

Flights from Kennedy Airport to Ataturk International Airport in Istanbul are approximately $810 on Delta with a 21-day advance purchase. Turkish Air and American Airlines also offer nonstop flights.

Guess AA's becoming ever more international! Or are the writers and editors at the Times unaware what "code share" means?
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

AA7771stClass

RE: New York Times Blooper

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:36 am

They've been doing really well recently over the Times. Last week, they published an article about how AA was starting service to Liberia, Africa. I'm thinking the reporter didn't do his geography homework and didn't read the press release well because he wrote the whole article about how Africa's opening up because of the oil in Nigeria etc. Pretty sad and funny to read at the same time...

Scorpio

RE: New York Times Blooper

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:48 am

Quoting PROSA (Thread starter):
Turkish Air and American Airlines also offer nonstop flights.

Sorry, but I don't see the problem. Can you purchase tickets from New York to Istanbul from American Airlines? If the answer is yes, then they offer nonstop flights between the two cities. The article never said they operate their own metal in there, just that they offer direct flights. And they do, so the article is correct.