ke086

Airline Commercial Music

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:01 pm

What are the most popular commercials for Airliners? And does anyone know the new Asiana commercial song?
KE THE ONLY WAY TO FLY

Baexecutive

RE: Airline Commercial Music

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:29 pm

British Airways uses signature tune 'Aria' & the other great was Delta with Jenkins Adiemus.......does anyone remember 'I wish they all could be Caledonian girls'?

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:55 pm

Quoting Baexecutive (Reply 1):
'I wish they all could be Caledonian girls'?

Fondly. I used to fly them to TIP in the 80's.

Everytime I hear the Flower Duet I think of BA, then Hoover did a p*ss take and used the same tune as "The World's Favourite Washing Line."  Smile
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

VirginFlyer

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:22 pm

Quoting Baexecutive (Reply 1):
signature tune 'Aria'

Or more accurately, the Flower Duet from the opera Lakmé, by Léo Delibes...

Air New Zealand used to use Pokarekare Ana (a Maori song from the early 20th century), and before that Bette Midler's Wind Beneath My Wings

During their union, Air New Zealand and Ansett Australia used Vanessa Amorosi's Shine (kind of ironic when you consider it was a song about suicide, and that their slogan of 'Absolutely' would have fitted well with another Amorosi song...)

Qantas are well known for using I Still Call Australia Home, which was originally sung by Peter Allen. The Qantas version is sung by a children's choir, and interestingly, 'Rio', where Qantas didn't fly, was replaced by 'Rome', where they flew at the time of the campaign first starting, but no longer do...

Ansett New Zealand, when they existed, used a Mozart piece (the name of which escapes me at the moment), and later on High by Lighthouse Family.

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

georgiaame

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:12 am

I for one believe Delta's demise began when they dumped Adiemus. You know you are on to something when you actually WANT to be left on hold. The rest is becoming history.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero