PPVRA
Topic Author

UAL.com - New Website?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:31 pm

http://www.united.com/

Is this a recent update or is it old news? Looks really good IMHO, way beter then the older/blue one.

Cheers
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

bravo7e7

RE: UAL.com - New Website?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:33 pm

This is old news. Unfortunately, it is still the same crappy, disfunctional website as usual, since it only got cosmetic changes. I wish UA would improve their website.

Bicoastal

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:34 pm

United has been making incremental changes to its website for the past couple of months. It's looking very good....easy to navigate and useful information.

Websites should be dynamic and change as needs justify. Good to see United staying on top of it.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

bravo7e7

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:38 pm

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 2):
United has been making incremental changes to its website for the past couple of months. It's looking very good....easy to navigate and useful information.

Websites should be dynamic and change as needs justify. Good to see United staying on top of it.

Like what? I love UA, but the website blows. Plus, at the moment it is down, which is no rarity. They have one of the worst systems in the world. No seat changes online, consistent fare bucket problems where you have to call to get the best price, always being down, inconvenient layout, etc.

777klm

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:41 pm

SIA has a new website, or is that old news as well?
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/
Next flight: AMS - BCN - EZE

flypdx

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:42 pm

Quoting BRAVO7E7 (Reply 3):
inconvenient layout, etc.

I think you mean DL's site....

bravo7e7

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:46 pm

Quoting Flypdx (Reply 5):

No, I mean UA. I don't fly with the luggage losers. Wink

Bicoastal

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:47 pm

United's site is rarely down. I can't even recalll when I experienced it being down. It's operating fine for me right now. Websites are a matter of taste. United's is easy to navigate for me. I find my routes and fares very quickly, by schedule or price. I look at the home page and my choices are easy to see. Some websites have too many bells and whistles, music, long intros. As Joe Friday from "Dragnet" said, "Just the facts, 'mam!"

Hmmm...maybe we should move this discussion to the Polls/Preferences forum.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

flypdx

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:49 pm

Quoting BRAVO7E7 (Reply 6):
Quoting Flypdx (Reply 5):
No, I mean UA. I don't fly with the luggage losers. 

If you say so.. I like the UA site, mostly because it works. The DL site doesn't work properly in Safari..I try not to fly with DL either, because they screwed us last year, but it looks like we have to fly them again  Sad

zrs70

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 pm

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 7):
United's site is rarely down. I can't even recalll when I experienced it being down.

You're joking, right?!

While UAL/com is certainly not the worst, it is way behind CO for reliability. I would say that at least twice a week, ual.com is down (or at least parts of it are).

"My Intineraries" is usually slow to load, and often it is non-funcitonal.
There is currently no way to change seats on line.
There is no way to specify booking class (other than broad categories).
There is no way to split booking class (H one way, D the other way)
You can't see upgrade inventory.
You can't see award calendar over a spread of dates.

Shall I continue?
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

flypdx

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:53 am

Quoting Zrs70 (Reply 9):
There is no way to specify booking class (other than broad categories).
There is no way to split booking class (H one way, D the other way)

Umm, tell me what other sites have that detailed of booking? If you search by schedule it tells you what class you're booking..

zrs70

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:12 am

Quoting Flypdx (Reply 10):
Umm, tell me what other sites have that detailed of booking? If you search by schedule it tells you what class you're booking..

Well, CO, for one, allows pax to book different cabins for different segments. CO also allows us to specify booking code (A,B,C etc).

Once uupon a time, easysabre made all this so easy. But it is no more, now dumbed down by travelocity, which caters to the lowest common demonator.

On ual.com, when you search by schedule, you can see the booking classes, but you can't choose which one it will put you in. So if there is a promotion that specifies you must be in "X" class, you are forced to call reservations because you can't do it online.

Shall I go on?

Smile

dsa

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 am

Hi

The site is quite nice, but I find it a bit complex and the infastructure poor.

Happy posting!

DSA
Go Skybus!!!!

rwsea

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:43 am

UA has, bar none, the worst airline website in the US. Searching for fares is a royal pain, the website is extremely slow, and as mentioned, you can't change seats online.

One other thing that drives me nuts is having to call and pay a fee in order to book award travel on US using UA miles. Allow Star Alliance Mileage Awards online, UA!!!!

zrs70

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:57 am

BTW,

UAL.com has been down all morning! (While you can look at flight times and itiernaries, you can't book). Another $5 in UA's pocket for people who must call and book over the phone!