Mir
Topic Author

Awac To Pick Up Some Skywest Flights?

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:07 am

My flight instructor told me yesterday that he'd been offered an interview with Air Wisconsin, with the possibility of being based out of either PHL or IAD. He said that someone here at UND, who is supposed to be pretty knowledgeable about what's going on in the industry, said that AWAC is taking up some US flights, as well as some Skywest flights, after being dumped by UA. I know about US, but it strikes me as odd that Skywest would subcontract some of its flights out to AWAC when it is itself is a regional airline. He's not too sure about this, and asked me to investigate. Does anyone know anything else about this?

Also, he told me that he heard that AWAC had found another airline to operate for out of IAD. I couldn't think of any airlines besides UA based in IAD that could take up a regional carrier. Or is there something that I'm missing?

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

FutureFO

RE: Awac To Pick Up Some Skywest Flights?

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:18 am

ZW is not picking up any Skywest UAX flying. ZW is in the process of transitioning into USX service and dropping UA all together. So I don't think there is any substantiation to the ZW picking up the OO flying.

Sean from MCO and MKE
I Don't know where I am anymore