as739x

Continental Flt #1940 IAH-MSY

Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:43 am

Anyone know what the flights up to? Shows as an invalid flight number. Its a 738 about to land at MSY 1445 local. It this bring supplies and crews in? Being used to evac people out?

Also, I see WN flew another flight in there!

ASSFO
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

mbm3

RE: Continental Flt #1940 IAH-MSY

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:17 am

I would imagine they are bringing in food and water supplies and taking out as many refugees as possible. Given the proximity of IAH to the devastion, I would imagine we could see much more CO traffic in to MSY over the upcoming weeks and months.
Let Me Tell You, Landing A 772ER Is Harder Than It Looks!

iahcsr

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:09 pm

Quoting Mbm3 (Reply 1):
would imagine they are bringing in food and water supplies and taking out as many refugees as possible

This is it exactly. I'm told the flight brought out only 50 or so people ...(.basicly whom ever was there and wanted to go... ) All scheduled service is axed until at least the 3rd. ... And would expect for some time beyond as well. But in the meantime these sort of relief/charter movements will be occurring now and then.
Working very hard to Fly Right....

SHUPirate1

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:13 pm

I must ask, are the airlines charging these passengers to get on their planes, and if so, are they forced to basically buy unrestricted one-way tickets? If so, is John Q. Taxpayer being forced to foot the bill to the airline to reimburse the passenger, or are the New Orleans "residents" (I say "residents", because they presumably won't be back for quite a while) required to pay their own way out?
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

iahcsr

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 3):
are the airlines charging these passengers to get on their planes

That is a VERY excellent question. I would hope that is not the case ... But I truly do not know the answer..  confused   confused 

This is how it CO put it in it's employee Daily News Update:

"CO evacuates customers, co-workers on relief flight

CO launched a Boeing 737-800 to MSY Wednesday carrying water, toiletries and nonperishable food items to help with the relief effort. Once the supplies were unloaded, the aircraft returned to IAH carrying stranded customers and a couple of co-workers. Most employees asked to stay to help with the recovery."
Working very hard to Fly Right....